PDA

View Full Version : Wildlife photography excursions.

fairy bombs
12-09-2011, 11:52am
Would there be a demand from photographers interested in bird and wildlife photography.

To be able to go to a venue that is on private property in the country, and be guided by a person
with experience in nature photography.

Be in small groups,and have lunch and afternoon tea provided.

Interested in what photographers would think of such a field trip.

(Worded in tutonic fashion as not to offend moderators)

ricktas
12-09-2011, 12:51pm
Would there be a demand from photographers interested in bird and wildlife photography.

To be able to go to a venue that is on private property in the country, and be guided by a person
with experience in nature photography.

Be in small groups,and have lunch and afternoon tea provided.

Interested in what photographers would think of such a field trip.

(Worded in tutonic fashion as not to offend moderators)

It wasn't about offending is, but rather about being within the site rules. Takes more than that to offend us.

Tours etc need three thongs. Value for money, experienced guides who know their job, are helpful and knowledgeable, and advertising/marketing to get the name out there.

If you have the skills for all of the above, then a well run guiding tour should be a boon. I reckon marketing to not just photographers, but bird watchers as well to increase your exposure and market would be good

kiwi
12-09-2011, 1:45pm
I know a couple of guys in Brisbane doing just that

Boo53
12-09-2011, 1:46pm
I think there would be a substantial market, I know I would be interested in learning how to take decent bird shots and have someone take me to a place where I could find a good variety as well.

As well as expertise in birding and photography you'll need to do something about transport and probably catering. Even if only a 1 day thing clients will expect lunch/snacks, etc; and that could have its own special requirements depending on your states Health Act.

fairy bombs
12-09-2011, 2:29pm
I think there would be a substantial market, I know I would be interested in learning how to take decent bird shots and have someone take me to a place where I could find a good variety as well.

As well as expertise in birding and photography you'll need to do something about transport and probably catering. Even if only a 1 day thing clients will expect lunch/snacks, etc; and that could have its own special requirements depending on your states Health Act.

Thanks John

The first part of your reply is the type of information I am looking for.The second part is not a issue-I cannot say why as it may be considered advertising-Thanks