PDA

View Full Version : Refilling Printer cartridges

bennito42
10-09-2011, 3:12pm
I am interested to hear from anyone who has refilled their printer cartridges through *removed - members with less than 50 posts cannot post about commercial companies*... I have always used Epson cartridges for my RX 650 printer, but have found them pretty expensive.*removed - members with less than 50 posts cannot post about commercial companies* appear much cheaper to refill rather than buying new cartridges. I have heard a number of general reports on refilling, many of which report problems.
A new branch has opened near me and as far as location is concerned, it is very convenient. I do however still have concerns about using refilled cartridges. :rolleyes:
Any comments would be appreciated.

mpot
10-09-2011, 4:36pm
I've given up on refilling cartridges or using third-party cartridges for my inkjet printer, as I find that non-genuine ink tends to dry in the heads and clogs them up.

I just buy genuine cartridges, despite the hit to the hip pocket.

ricktas
10-09-2011, 4:48pm
I agree with mpot. Bought generic ones, once, and found the colours were slightly off. Went back to genuine and haven't tried others again

Boo53
10-09-2011, 5:30pm
I have a couple of cheap canon printers at the office that I use re-filled cartridges for, but for the epson 1400 I only use genuine as its not worth the compromise on quality at this end

ApolloLXII
10-09-2011, 6:53pm
I was given some cheap cartridges once which promptly turned everything pink when I printed with them. I will never use them again. The genuine cartridges may be expensive but they have never let me down.

peterking
13-09-2011, 12:19am
After seeing so many printers destroyed using refilled and generic cartridges I refuse to use them.
If you don't want to pay for genuine cartridges then go to a print lab. Much cheaper anyway.

Speedway
13-09-2011, 1:10am
I have been refilling my canon cartridges for over 10 years with no problems, I have refilled both genuine and generic cartridges. I have friends that only ever used genuine cartridges and the print head life has been about the same. reguarding colour matching, I only had to play with the colour settings on oneprinter and that was an old BJC 3000, I have not had any problems with the ip 5000/4000 series printers. When the print head dies it is cheeper to get a new printer than another print head. I have been getting all my supplies from here (http://www.inkbank.com.au/index.htm) for nearly 10 years.
Keith.

flame70
13-09-2011, 10:17am
once your print head is toast from using non- genuine you'll never use them again. Never had any problems with gen but non.... don't get me started. These days I buy all my ink from my local nextra who supplies them cheaper than anywhere else offline. Picking up my photo paper today which is $8 cheaper a packet than the discount photo supply shop. If you want a deal you only have to ask :)