PDA

View Full Version : The Day Before September 11

wideangle
08-09-2011, 11:23am
I found this very interesting post on the ABC website, it shows a number of people's photographs taken the day before the September 11 attacks and their experiences of the event.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-05/the-day-before-the-storm-september-10-2001-photos/2870854

Tommo224
08-09-2011, 11:50am
I remember that morning =/ I was still in high school, year 9! Woke up to all of that on the news, I thought it was a movie playing. By the time I was awake and watching it, it was after the towers had fallen. It was footage of the smoke and dust everywhere, the papers flying around, the alarms on the firemen's jackets so they can be found in the smoke, the repeat footage of the towers being hit..

Sigh I've watched so many conspiracy theory videos as well haha.

rellik666
08-09-2011, 1:19pm
I suppose that is like our JFK moment, everyone who was alive then remembers where they were. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was playing pool with a friend and there were TV's on silent in the background. We didn't realise it was the news for a while, it was like a movie and then people started to gather round. We went straight home to see it all unfold. What a terrible day. I can't believe it has been 10 years!

Bennymiata
08-09-2011, 4:17pm
I remember that particular day very well indeed.
It was on the 11th September 2001, that I was carjacked and stabbed in the throat with a sharpened screwdriver!

The carjacker only had the car for 15 minutes before the cops got him and put him away for 12 years.

Redbaron
11-09-2011, 7:49pm
Geez Benny - hope you've recovered well...

Sept 11 - I woke up mid afternoon (was living in the UK) after a long night shift and flicked on the telly.. Around 2pm London time. This movie looks ok, but I was after the news... change channels.. same movie.. it is the news.. Oh no..

The following night shift was creepy. The company I worked for had one or two floors in the twin towers. A lot of them used to visit the London office regularly. I knew a few by face but not by name.

Ten years later I'm still doing night shifts, and a lot of things have changed.

shelly1170
12-09-2011, 6:17pm
Geez Benny! Where did you live??? Sounds like something that would happen here in PNG!!!

I was watching the late news with Sandra Sully when they cut to NYC. Needless to say, I didn't go to bed for hours.

Bennymiata
12-09-2011, 7:36pm
I was on Parramatta Rd in Camperdown, not far from the city.
Luckily, I wasn't badly injured and I fully recovered as I managed to be pulling away from him.

I hope we never have another 911..........