PDA

View Full Version : photo bombing...

ving
08-09-2011, 9:39am
was listening to triple j this morning (thats a radio station to those playing at home) and they were discussing photo-bombing.:eek:
heres a definition for ya: http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=7&ved=0CFMQFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.urbandictionary.com%2Fdefine.php%3Fterm%3Dphotobomb&ei=6v9nToDDEKKiiAfx6tHsCw&usg=AFQjCNEofvW6nsdMx500kfqeojEY6Yn2JQ&sig2=TVv6jvRtT0lbdpUt4X6lqQ

basically its the fine art intentionally ruining someones photo.:rolleyes:

I'd be interested in knowing if you have ever been photo-bombed yourself? show us your bombed photos! :th3:

macmich
08-09-2011, 10:08am
i presume it would be the same as the news when there jumping up and down in the background and pulling faces
cheers macca

ving
08-09-2011, 12:38pm
yup that the one macca.... happened to you?

there a stack of websites about it :)

rellik666
08-09-2011, 1:38pm
I am afraid I have done that on a few occassions in the past...didn't know there was a name for it! :scrtch:

macmich
08-09-2011, 2:59pm
how many times have you waited for people to pass and then compose a shot
and just when you go click
someone walks through
geez i hate that
cheers macca
hows your new birding spoy going

old dog
08-09-2011, 3:07pm
the bane of a travelling tog...happens all the time on my trips. My wife Julie has it happen more because of using a p and s.

ving
08-09-2011, 3:31pm
how many times have you waited for people to pass and then compose a shot
and just when you go click
someone walks through
geez i hate that
cheers macca
hows your new birding spoy goingcan only go on w/ends... so maybe i'll be heading back on saturday or sunday :) look forward to it.

I have to admit I have been one of thos photo bombing jerks in the past... giving a peace sign in the bg of some poor tourist photo and such :)
I didnt know there was a name for it till today.
I heard a story of a wedding tog who took a great shot of the wedded couple to find some little kid bent over with his butt in the air and his hand bewteen his legs waving to the camera! LOL!

macmich
08-09-2011, 4:15pm
looking forward to the shots
cheers macca

Bennymiata
08-09-2011, 4:26pm
can only go on w/ends... so maybe i'll be heading back on saturday or sunday :) look forward to it.

I have to admit I have been one of thos photo bombing jerks in the past... giving a peace sign in the bg of some poor tourist photo and such :)
I didnt know there was a name for it till today.
I heard a story of a wedding tog who took a great shot of the wedded couple to find some little kid bent over with his butt in the air and his hand bewteen his legs waving to the camera! LOL!

I bet it was the best and funniest photo of the wedding too.
It's probably a framed 20X15 now.

camerasnoop
08-09-2011, 6:58pm
The first one to do this to one of my couples will have the foot of a very large angry man right up their clacker. Picture that! :action:

Ms Monny
08-09-2011, 9:57pm
Never done it but I certainly have laughed at the pics on the internet about this. Hilarious!! I am way too polite to ruin someone else's photo! ;)

P.S. Good choice on radio station!!

Tjfrnds
08-09-2011, 10:11pm
Funny! It happened to me a few weekends ago...yes we were out at a bar...n yes may have consumed a few... and I was taking a group shot of the girls and a few excessively drunk guys jumped in the pic sticking out their tongues. In this situation I think it's kind of expected, and did give us something to laugh about the next day:)

ving
09-09-2011, 10:17pm
Never done it but I certainly have laughed at the pics on the internet about this. Hilarious!! I am way too polite to ruin someone else's photo! ;)

P.S. Good choice on radio station!!

I only listen to the best ;)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

JM Tran
10-09-2011, 2:07am
I can post a lot of photo bombing work I have done over the years of friends and even clients during shoots! But not sure it its appropriate as it may involve rude hand gestures etc:D

let me see if i can find something safe to show

ving
11-09-2011, 5:14pm
Yup, bet kyou have heaps mr tran :)

peterking
12-09-2011, 11:03pm
My best Photo bomb turned gold.
I swore at that bee till I got home and saw it on the screen.

Speedway
13-09-2011, 12:44am
I had one of the worst kind on the weekend, I was helping out the local paper sports editor at the football/ netball grand final and was setting up to do the team shot of one of the winning teams when this woman with a p&s stepped in front of me and started rearranging the players, I politely said to her that I was taking photos for the local paper and could she please wait till I had finished. She stuck her nose in the air and kept pushing in front of me. By this time the kids were no longer interested in posing and moved off, the same thing happened with the second junior team and as a result both teams will not have a photo in the local paper I informed a club official of this and later saw them having a heated discussion, I did not see this woman near the presentation area for the rest of the day although she walked in front of me a few times while shooting from the boundary when there was about 2m behind me to the boundary fence.
Keith.

ving
13-09-2011, 1:05pm
nice bombing peter :D

lol keith, wanna send out a hitman?

Cyza
13-09-2011, 11:00pm
surprising it is something some people on here have not heard of, but then again I expect there to be a considerable age difference between me and most other members.
more than half my photos from outing will have some one bombing in them, take this for example.
I'm the one the right.
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/185364_255775121117798_100000559368746_972862_8100011_n.jpg

not easy to spot the "bomber" at first.