PDA

View Full Version : BH online

JasonR
06-09-2011, 6:37pm
Hey guys,

Any idea why BH photo and video wont ship SB700 to AUS?
Cause that price they have them for is un real!

Jas

Just noticed they have imported stock that you can ship to AUS.
Does anyone know what the difference is with the imported stock to the US stock?

JohnB5319
06-09-2011, 7:35pm
Companies like BH, Amazon and the like have agreements with some manufactures that limit where they can distribute officially sourced product - usually restricted to the North America or Europe. The reason given is usually that it's too hard to deal with the many tax laws in the countries they're shipping to or that the suppliers say it costs lots more to service Oz because of our small population and they need to charge more here so they don't want cheaper product coming in. Then you ring to get support for something like software and you talk to a guy in Manilla!! It's even worse when you download the product through the OZ site and it comes from the USA anyway! It's really just a way of gouging the OZ market. And the local distributors often carry a smaller range of products - yet you can't buy the from official suppliers in countries that do carry them. It is improving, but only because the parity of the AUD and USD make the gouging VERY obvious.

It's not just restricted to Oz. I've noticed on occasions that the Euro price and the USD price are exactly the same - yet they're vastly different in value.

There is a website in the US called www.shipitto.com with a few different options. One is called MyUS which will give you a US address etc. I haven't used it so I can't say how well it works.

Hope this helps. I feel better now I've had a rant :D There's always eBay....

JM Tran
06-09-2011, 7:37pm
have you tried www.adorama.com yet

JasonR
06-09-2011, 7:42pm
cheers for that.

What is grey imported stock does that mean it has no warranty?

No i havnt tried that yet ill look now.

JM Tran
06-09-2011, 7:53pm
check out DWI from HK instead. Its $309 for the SB700 and another $40 for FedEx delivery which will get to you within 3 days for a total of $349.

something to consider over buying in the US then with a very reputable dealer from Asia.

and no you wont get local warranty on grey import goods like the flash

JasonR
06-09-2011, 8:06pm
Thanks for that JM Tran ill check it out now.