PDA

View Full Version : Digi back for Bronica SQ-Ai

DSG
06-09-2011, 4:57pm
Hey guys,

Have been missing my MF Bronica and was thinking of trying to track down a Digi back for it. Anyone got any ideas?

JM Tran
06-09-2011, 5:04pm
its been discontinued for over 5 years already - which is a life time in digital age. The Bronica has never been a real platform for MF digital backs and you need an adapter to fit a back anyway.

you are better off buying a Hasselblad 500C and fitting one, or a newer dedicated platform like a Mamiya 645D, or even a 2nd hand Hasselblad H2D model

cheap and old Phase One & Leaf digital backs go between 5k to 10k on ebay with or without the camera, are u sure that the costs is justified for your usage?

darrenmars
07-09-2011, 3:00pm
One of these days I'll either get in trouble for linking like I do (http://www.leaf-photography.com/files/Leafcompatibility.pdf)or one of these companies will give me a job. I think the range starts at 22MP and go right up through to 80MP. Your MF kit has loads of life left in it yet, and if you choose to sell it I'm sure you won't have trouble finding a buyer...

JM Tran
07-09-2011, 3:07pm
One of these days I'll either get in trouble for linking like I do (http://www.leaf-photography.com/files/Leafcompatibility.pdf)or one of these companies will give me a job. I think the range starts at 22MP and go right up through to 80MP. Your MF kit has loads of life left in it yet, and if you choose to sell it I'm sure you won't have trouble finding a buyer...

wont be getting much change back from 20 grand on the lowest Leaf backs:D

darrenmars
07-09-2011, 5:02pm
You could well be right on the money with that statement, I have no idea what the MSRP is and I probably don't want to know...

Bennymiata
08-09-2011, 10:44am
For what a digital back and adaptor will cost you, you might as well just buy a new Hasselblad, or the Pentax large format digital cameras and get all the new whizz bang features, and then you will have a camera that is made for digital photography rather than an old, botched-up set-up.

DSG
10-09-2011, 5:36pm
Thanks for all the info guys, it wasnt a matter of being able to make money from it, more out of interest. I will hang onto the gear, the lenses are timeless and maybe one day lol