PDA

View Full Version : Beachmere Sunrise this Sunday (10th September)

dbose
06-09-2011, 10:54am
Winter's almost gone and the Su's starting to come up way too early (it'll get worse as we go into summer). So I'd like to take this opportunity to squeeze another early one this coming Sunday (10th of September) at Beachmere.

I've never been there so some help on location would be really helpful. I' also love your companies if you can make it.

Weatherwise it's forecasted to be fine. Sunrise at 5:50 AM with first light at 5:26… Low tide at 3:11AM (0.4m) and high tide at 8:57AM (1.9m)

Let me know...

larrywen
06-09-2011, 11:02am
love to go, but have some duty on this day, so have to reserve some energy :(

gordon_l34
08-09-2011, 8:56am
Hi,
I am interested, if you can give me some more details.
Regards,
Gordon.

dbose
09-09-2011, 1:34pm
So far there's only one interest. I'll be heading off anyway. From previous posts it appears that the end of Biggs Avenue Beachmere is a good spot. I'll be at this spot around 5 to 5:15 AM

Dwarak
09-09-2011, 2:33pm
So far there's only one interest. I'll be heading off anyway. From previous posts it appears that the end of Biggs Avenue Beachmere is a good spot. I'll be at this spot around 5 to 5:15 AM

There is a car park at the end of Biggs you will need some gum boots as you will have to cross a smelly stream of water and head south. There are few interesting trees and you will also find some dead jelly fish. Good Luck

dbose
09-09-2011, 9:20pm
There is a car park at the end of Biggs you will need some gum boots as you will have to cross a smelly stream of water and head south. There are few interesting trees and you will also find some dead jelly fish. Good Luck

Oh dear Dwarak - I don't have gumboots...any other better (safer:scrtch:) location? Also how deep is the stream? Also when you say head south - from the car park do I go right or left? In google map i can see a BBQ on the left...

gordon_l34
09-09-2011, 10:29pm
Hi All,

I have the gumboots so I shall be there!

Regards.

Dwarak
10-09-2011, 8:14am
Oh dear Dwarak - I don't have gumboots...any other better (safer:scrtch:) location? Also how deep is the stream? Also when you say head south - from the car park do I go right or left? In google map i can see a BBQ on the left...

Its not too deep at low tide you can step on the stones but it gets very muddy as it is a swamp you can pick a cheap one from bunnings today you will need it trust me and dont drop anything there. Head towards and beyond the barbeque area.

dbose
10-09-2011, 12:36pm
Its not too deep at low tide you can step on the stones but it gets very muddy as it is a swamp you can pick a cheap one from bunnings today you will need it trust me and dont drop anything there. Head towards and beyond the barbeque area.

Thanks Dwarak - one of my friends have offered me his gum boot. Hopefully I'll survive - all ready to go now.