PDA

View Full Version : Great spots near Broadbeach

Tjfrnds
05-09-2011, 9:25pm
Hey Qlanders!
I'm in Broadbeach for a work conference for the week. Will have the day free on Friday to head out with my camera and was wandering if there's any great 'must see' places around the area anyone can recommend for photo op's?

Thanks guys!

Redgum
05-09-2011, 11:35pm
Surfers Paradise police station is always interesting on Friday nights. :) Alternately, go to the top of Q1 at Broadbeach, the tallest residential building in the southern hemisphere. Great viewing platform and good coffee.

William
06-09-2011, 7:15am
Burleigh Heads or Currumbin at Sunrise, Currumbin Valley, The Gold Coast hinterland with all the water falls, The Tweed Valley, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, Movie World, Seaworld, Dreamworld, You do get some good shots in and around the Q1 , BTW Welcome to the Goldie Tania :th3:

Tjfrnds
06-09-2011, 5:25pm
Thanks guys! Will let you know how I go! BTW u guys have some great weather here:D

Tjfrnds
14-09-2011, 1:32am
Just an update after returning home. Well we (mum and I) decided to head to Mt Tamborine for the day on Friday...and we managed to get a few hours of sunshine and a few shots before it absolutely bucketed down!!! Guess I jinxed the weather:confused013 Ended up with a sore throat on Friday...and to my horror...my eardrum perforated on the flight home:eek: Was definitely a memorable trip, I've been home recovering and haven't had a chance to upload any shots, but will do so as soon I get rid of this bug.

Thanks for info on locales, GC really is a beautiful place, am hoping to head back up during summer for a proper conference free holiday (as long as my ear heals properly that is:))