PDA

View Full Version : Help please

norval
05-09-2011, 2:55pm
Help please - I took some shots earlier and transferred them to the computer, returned the card to the camera and took some more. However this time message on comp. screen says "cannot read this card" and when returned card to camera message reads "Card not formatted - format this card" I assume I've cleared the card somehow, can anybody suggest how? Are my pics recoverable?
Nikon D300
Sandisk Imagemate All-In-One

junqbox
05-09-2011, 3:54pm
Did you manage to transfer all images from the card to the computer?
If so, just reformat the card in the camera and move along.
If not, you may want to consider running some recovery software on the card to retreive the remains. I have used the SanDisk recovery software to good effect in the past, however, others here may have other, better solutions based on your circumstances/set-up.

Good luck.

ameerat42
05-09-2011, 4:06pm
Help please - I took some shots earlier and transferred them to the computer, returned the card to the camera and took some more. However this time message on comp. screen says "cannot read this card" and when returned card to camera message reads "Card not formatted - format this card" I assume I've cleared the card somehow, can anybody suggest how? Are my pics recoverable?
Nikon D300
Sandisk Imagemate All-In-One

STOP!!! Sounds like what I get in Win7. It ALWAYS ASKS this ANNOYING and PERILOUS question!!!
I IGNORE IT!!!

Can you skip this option and read the card???

Can you still take pictures with this card???

If so, then it doesn't need formatting. At least not until you have ensured all the pictures have been transferred.
Am.

PS. Let us know the outcome.

norval
07-09-2011, 9:21pm
Thanks guys for your suggestions. I decided to re-format the card.

ricktas
07-09-2011, 9:58pm
get a copy of sandisk rescue pro. It s a great bit of software for recovering files specifically from memory cards. Worth having on your computer 'just in case'