04-09-2011, 8:27pm
i was just scrolling through the new posts
and just struck me how many are for new member introductions
i believe a pat on the back should go to rick and his mods for a job well done
cheers macca

ricktas
04-09-2011, 8:36pm
thanks Macca.

AP is running very well with the move to our new server recently. We have some unique features of AP (the NTP and competition system) that give us a great point of difference to the other Aussie Photography forums. I know sometimes we get told that we over-moderate, however, I think we have site that is fun, friendly and a good learning resource for members of all levels.

It is nice to know that we are doing things right for the members who are on-board, and also making a place that new members want to join.

WhoDo
04-09-2011, 8:48pm
I know sometimes we get told that we over-moderate, however, I think we have site that is fun, friendly and a good learning resource for members of all levels.

It is nice to know that we are doing things right for the members who are on-board, and also making a place that new members want to join.
It's also worth mentioning, for the benefit of those members who may not know, that AP members are of ALL age groups with some as young as 13 years. :eek:That is just one of the reasons why Rick and the mod team are so careful about the quality of content in the forums. A PG-Rated membership requires PG-Rated site content in the best interests of all concerned.

Rick is especially keen to ensure AP can KEEP ON providing this great service free to all, and for that reason we on the mod team are perhaps a little more zealous than some might like in ensuring AP's compliance. It is difficult to believe that there could be any "over-moderation" in such a climate of mutual protection of the site and its membership.

Thanks to macmich and our regular contributors who help make AP a vibrant and enjoyable community for ALL who come here. :wd: