PDA

View Full Version : SWQ Meetup 17th/18th September

BecdS
01-09-2011, 8:26am
Howdy!

I would absolutely love to meet up with members of this forum and who better to start with than those in my own (proverbial) backyard?

The weekend of the 17th/18th September is an exciting one! On the 17th is the Carnival of Flowers in Toowoomba, and on 18th September, Jondaryan Woolshed is alive. So, photo opportunities abound!

I will be attending both, and I'm happy to give a lift to anyone who'd like to go and is between Chinchilla and Toowoomba.

I'd like to suggest that we meet up on Saturday morning at Picnic Point in Toowoomba and perhaps have lunch together? We could also do a meeting at the Woolshed on Sunday.

Please reply with your thoughts and appropriate time/s.

:efelant:

Ian
01-09-2011, 8:08pm
i am interested it has been awhile since i have been to the carnival of flowers, and the Woolshed. i'll have to see what is on the calender. :food04::) ian(aka pappa smurf:costumed70:)

41jas
06-09-2011, 11:56am
Hi Bec,
Even though I'd love to see the woolshed, at this stage we will come up to Toowoomba only this time.
What time are you wanting to meet up? What ever time, I'll be there. Ivan is coming with me..(hubby). So Ian I hope you can make it. We'll love to catch up again.
Last time we met at the information centre down the road so it was easy to find each other. Just a thought. Then we can go from there where we head. Queens park is pretty nice. I'm not sure where they hold the parade as I have never seen it. Picnis Point is always nice for macro but meeting up for lunch afterwards would be a great way to catch up with everyone because everyone will probably be in their own worlds taking photos.
Do we bring our lunch and find a spot or BBQ? Packing a picnic will be probably easier! Looking forward to this.
Thanks Bec for getting this organised. :th3:

BecdS
07-09-2011, 2:10pm
I'm so excited about this!! Let's meet at 9am at the Tourist Information Centre. The city will probably be super busy, so if everyone brings their own lunch, we won't have to worry too much about battling crowds for food. The parade starts at 12pm ( map of the path here (http://www.tcof.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=18&Itemid=1047) ) and we could all meet up again afterwards, but we can talk about that when we meet in the morning. I really hope to see a bunch of ausphoto-folks! :efelant:

41jas
07-09-2011, 2:19pm
Haha I was looking at your link you put up. It says we meet Pappa Smurf and a couple of others. I first thought of Ian...LOL

Yeah Bec. Sounds like a plan. Even if after the parade we head back up to Picnic Point and find a spot up there for lunch. I'm sure it will fall into place on the day.

Looking forward to it.

41jas
07-09-2011, 2:25pm
MEET HERE (<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&amp;q=toowoomba&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Toowoomba+Queensland&amp;gl=au&amp;sqi=2&amp;ll=-27.575,151.947&amp;spn=0.001574,0.002583&amp;z=14&amp;vpsrc=6&amp;layer=c&amp;cbll=-27.570579,151.965569&amp;panoid=0QwyJUtrLTOkKwszMStlxQ&amp;cbp=12,192.6,,0,-2.69&amp;source=embed&amp;output=svembed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&amp;q=toowoomba&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Toowoomba+Queensland&amp;gl=au&amp;sqi=2&amp;ll=-27.575,151.947&amp;spn=0.001574,0.002583&amp;z=14&amp;vpsrc=6&amp;layer=c&amp;cbll=-27.570579,151.965569&amp;panoid=0QwyJUtrLTOkKwszMStlxQ&amp;cbp=12,192.6,,0,-2.69&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>)

41jas
07-09-2011, 2:28pm
Try this link.... Meet here (http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=toowoomba&hl=en&ll=-27.570559,151.965439&spn=0.001574,0.002583&gl=au&sqi=2&z=19&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=-27.570579,151.965569&panoid=0QwyJUtrLTOkKwszMStlxQ&cbp=12,192.6,,0,-2.69)

Ian
07-09-2011, 8:31pm
i hope to make this one, it will be good to catch up with good friends with a common interest. i have a funny feeling that this might be like the Abbey Festival where one will have to split into many parts to see everything. like i said a feeling, and i thinki if i come i will be travelling light, with one lens flash extra batteries for flash and charged up batteries for camera, and memory cards for camers. and possible tripod and a small fold up three legged stoll. all which can be carried in a backpack. and don't forget water. yea Jas it will be good to catch up with you and Ivan. Bec i'll pm my mobile #. see you all around the board, or should i say AP.:food04::) ian(aka pappa smurf:costumed70:)

41jas
07-09-2011, 10:20pm
I don't think it will be as bad as the Abby Ian. It's only flowers. A few macro shots extra. Thats why we thought meeting up afterwards for lunch but we should be all together for the parade. It finishes at Queens Park. We could be somewhere near there maybe and afterwards find a spot to park our bums for lunch.

Keith
08-09-2011, 9:12am
I will be at the parade (12pm start - Finish 1pm?) on Saturday, and afterwards at Queens Park. I will have the kids and gf, so slightly distracted - but also the camera (of course). Then I will hopefully be going to the Botanical Gardens (top of Queens Park) to check out the flowers. Good for macro shots and people shots too as there will be oodles of ppl everywhere. Good luck with parking too, be ready for a bit of a walk anywhere near the middle of town and the park.

Ian
08-09-2011, 6:38pm
I don't think it will be as bad as the Abby Ian. It's only flowers. A few macro shots extra. Thats why we thought meeting up afterwards for lunch but we should be all together for the parade. It finishes at Queens Park. We could be somewhere near there maybe and afterwards find a spot to park our bums for lunch.
lol i was thinking after the parade, there is Queens Park, there is the Botanical gardens, there be Picnic Park, Japanese Gardens, plus the gardens, to name a few. :food04::) ian(aka pappa smurf:costumed70:

yummymummy
08-09-2011, 7:15pm
SOrry guys :( can't make this one, footy presentation day on 17th and my great nanna's 99th bday on the 18th..

Ian
08-09-2011, 8:10pm
Hi Kirsty, maybe next time. :food04::) ian(aka pappa smurf:costumed70:)

larrywen
09-09-2011, 4:00pm
I will be in Toowoomba on 17th, but with a group of people sharing one bus, so I will not be able to come for this meetup. :(

41jas
10-09-2011, 2:55pm
Too bad Larry and Kirsty. Keith I hope to catch up with you again, even if it's just a 5 min hello. I'd love to see you again. It's been ages. I will PM you my mobile.
Just a thought. If the Queens Park will be too busy, would it be better to do that first and be there and straight after the parade head somewhere else? It's hard to know hey!!! I suppose all we can do is work it all out when we all get together.
I suppose if we get down to Queens Park early there might be more chance of a carpark? Being up there might be a good start to the day and after the parade head to picnic Point for lunch then look around there?

41jas
11-09-2011, 8:05am
Lucky it wasn't this weekend...hasn't it been cold. Lets hope that weekend is a nice day.

Ian
11-09-2011, 1:37pm
Hi guys, looks like i am in. Bec will pm about sharing a ride a little later. :food04::) ian(aka pappa smurf:costumed70:)

BecdS
11-09-2011, 2:18pm
I suppose if we get down to Queens Park early there might be more chance of a carpark? Being up there might be a good start to the day and after the parade head to picnic Point for lunch then look around there?

This sounds like a good plan! Let's hope not too many have the same one. :lol:

Hi guys, looks like i am in. Bec will pm about sharing a ride a little later. :th3:

41jas
11-09-2011, 10:27pm
Yay Ian...glad you are coming. See you then. :efelant:

larrywen
12-09-2011, 12:04pm
Too bad Larry and Kirsty. Keith I hope to catch up with you again, even if it's just a 5 min hello. I'd love to see you again. It's been ages. I will PM you my mobile.

Thank you Julie-ann, and I also miss you and many other APs. Haven't have a good-sized meeting for a while, and hope we can have something like a camp in the Christmas period as we had during Easter this year. :D

41jas
13-09-2011, 7:44am
Thanks Larry.
I might organise a camp trip early in the year. As that seems to be our only chance of long weekends in QLD.

Ian
14-09-2011, 10:18pm
thought i would bump this alittle, i can wait fot the week-end, looking forwaerd to the meet, eager to catch up with everyone, and to take some photos. so if there is anyone else care to join us more the merrier. hey Jas ask Ivan how his weight training going. :D it will be nice to see you guys again, the meets are few and far between. and Bec thanks for this meet:th3:, how about we ear-mark the Bunya Mtns for a meet some time in the future, or is there some where out at chinchilla to take pics? see you saturday morn will ring if any changes :food04::) ian(aka pappa smurf:costumed70:)

41jas
15-09-2011, 8:37am
. hey Jas ask Ivan how his weight training going. :D it will be nice to see you guys again, the meets are few and far between. :food04::) ian(aka pappa smurf:costumed70:)
He's getting slack but on Saturday he'll get a workout...hahaha! Cos I'm bringing the lot ;)
Bec, thats about Ivan carrying my gear while I'm off taking photos. My bag is so heavy.

BecdS
15-09-2011, 1:38pm
:lol:

Soooooo excited about Saturday!

Ian
15-09-2011, 11:00pm
Hi All, i take it, it is still the tourist information centre in James street for the meet-up at 9am? just making sure. :food04::) ian(aka pappa smurf:costumed70:)

41jas
16-09-2011, 7:54pm
Yep I'll be there around 9am. Knowing me it will be earlier. Not sure what the range will be like. I was told its one lane for a lot of it and could be slow but I'm not sure if thats going up or coming down. I have your numbers anyway.
My camera has been ready to go nice Thursday....LOL

Ian
16-09-2011, 8:46pm
just giving the camera the final check now and batteries, am tring to go light this time, after the Abbey's effort of lugging the bigger bag around and backpack. i was had it by the time i headed back to Amys'. anyway Precious Pup. shell see you and Ivan tomorrow and Bec when she gets' to my place. as we are sharing a ride. :food04::) ian(pappa smurf:costumed70:)

41jas
16-09-2011, 8:49pm
Hey Pappa...I have a fold up trolly. I might bring that to cart my bag around. Its all level there and will be easier. It might carry a few.

Ian
16-09-2011, 9:01pm
thanks for that Jas, will see as the day goes on, i know Keith and his better half, and kids will be there, i wonder if we will get anymore takers? :food04::) ian(aka pappa smurf:costumed70:)

41jas
16-09-2011, 9:49pm
Keith gave me his number. I will contact him for a quick meetup and a hello and let him enjoy the day out with his family.

41jas
17-09-2011, 6:44am
This is being called off due to Bec straining her foot and Ian has only one car and was relying on Bec for a ride.
The gardens will always be there and we can organize this for another weekend.
I was still going to go but decided to pull the pin and wait til we can join others for the day instead.
We decided we might just take a drive somewhere else. At this stage I'm not sure where that will be...I'll have to wait until we have our coffee and wake up a bit..haha

41jas
17-09-2011, 7:31am
Looks like we are still going now. Getting ready and heading off soon.

Ian
17-09-2011, 9:24pm
Hi guys, ended up going and had a good day. i think i have some keepers, will try and post them when i have had a look and worked on them. meet up with Jas, Ivan(Jasses' better half:D), Katherine, and caught up with Keith while we were there. :food04::) ian(aka pappa smurf:costumed70:)

41jas
17-09-2011, 10:10pm
Yeah it was a great day...I got sunburnt though but I'm all good. Very tired and heading to bed so I can get up at 3.30 to head to the swell at the gold coast...I never stop these days. Loving it!!!