PDA

View Full Version : Perth National Photographic Competition

enduro
28-08-2011, 8:35pm
Having been thrilled to have been invited back to spend the best part of Saturday judging for the Perth National - apparently it was the largest ever. I must say the standard of entry was overall a tad higher this year than last as were the numbers of entry. The standard was higher overall and discards were about four out of nearly 300.

I am sure I saw a few images that have been posted here entered into the comp. Though I never saw names or location details, congratulations to any of you that entered, got a placement or acceptance. The remainder were also very good images too.

peterking
29-08-2011, 11:30pm
I didn't know such existed.
I will have to look out for it next year.

OzzieTraveller
30-08-2011, 2:46pm
G'day enduro

Way way back .... in my Canberra Photographic Society days, I created the CPS National Exhibition of Photography - which ran for a decade or so till I moved on & my successors didn't continue it - for various reasons, 'manpower' being one of them
From tha I know the huge amount of effort involved on both sides of the photographs - the 'getting them there' and the 'judging & display' bits

In Canberra we used local + Melb + Sydney-based judges

Congratulations on being asked to contribute your 2-bob's worth and equally, to any APers who may get an acceptance
Regards, Phil

Shelley
30-08-2011, 2:59pm
Thanks Wayne. I did enter, first time I have entered. Results will be known I think next week.