PDA

View Full Version : Canon 7D and Nissin Di866

agb
24-08-2011, 9:50am
I purchased the flash a while ago and have not really had much use for it yet,but now I would like to do some flash with macro and I would like to get the flash off the camera and then I have to know how to make it work. I though that the Nissin Di866 would work with the 7D, as a slave or master. If I set the flash to being a remote when I go to the flash control and try and use the set external flash functions I get the message that it is an incompatible flash or is not switched on. Does this mean that the external flash settings are only for when the flash is mounted on the hot shoe or connected with a cord to the hot shoe and that it does not work if the flash is being used "off camera" in a remote or slave setting?

Tjfrnds
24-08-2011, 1:40pm
I believe that's correct, external flash settings are accessible when flash is mounted, not for wireless triggering. You'll need to go into the built-in flash - wireless function settings menu. Page 119 of the 7D user manual goes through step by step instructions for wireless flash triggering and there are sometimes vids on youtube for the 7D and wireless flash control.. might be worth doing a search.