PDA

View Full Version : Making a CD - Help

Gunna
23-08-2011, 4:39pm
I have collected jpeg photos, plus documents in PDF format, and Word documents. I have put them all on a CD. As expected, they all open nicely on my originating computer.
As I want to send the CD to others, I need to be sure that they can open it all, on any kind of equipment.
I loaded the CD into my Sony DVD player - and only got the message - 'Disc contains only image files', & a blank screen!
Tried it in my Sony Blueray player & it laboured, shown a few jpegs, a 'broken' symbol came on the screen, then a message 'scene selection has been changed, & stopped.
What do I need to do to create a generally viewable CD [or DVD]?
Thanks.

ameerat42
23-08-2011, 4:45pm
1) Make sure you close off the burn session so that you cannot add any more files to the CD or DVD. If you don't, it MAY not run on non-computer DVD players.
2) Your Sony player message seems right to me: it would only recognise image files. I mean, how would it "play" a Word document?
3) The Blu-ray player is probably telling you the same thing.

Am.

Gunna
24-08-2011, 10:17pm
Thanks for that 'ameerat'.
I printed out the docs, then scanned them into jpegs. I then burnt another CD, with all jpegs. I had a mixed result through the DVD player, but in any event, the resolution on the TV was poor.
I ended up loading the pcis onto my SmugMug site, & sent everyone the link to that. Looks good!

crazymorton
25-08-2011, 9:21pm
did you burn it as a data cd? this way you can put files of multiple formats and fit much more on.

Gunna
26-08-2011, 4:25pm
Yes, did a data CD, but because I wouldn't know what others would play it on, I wanted it to play on a DVD/TV as well - that was the part that didn't work too well.