PDA

View Full Version : Colour Munki and dual monitors

khendar
23-08-2011, 10:38am
So I rented a Colour Munki monitor profiler for a couple of days as per the recommendation in another thread, and tried it out last night.

The first monitor profile properly and made it look less dull and vibrant than it was (which was part of my problem), however when I went to profile the second monitor, suddenly the first one was thrown out of whack. It went either blue, black, or 100% brightness and contrast.

The monitors are BenQ G2410HDs, purchased at the same time. No matter what I do I can't seem to get both screens to profile correctly, one always throws the other one out when I start profiling.

Has anybody else had this issue ? Is it a known problem or something to do with my setup ?

markjaffa
23-08-2011, 10:57am
I think it may be an issue with your graphics card/operating system. What products are you using?

khendar
23-08-2011, 11:35am
Nothing out of the ordinary. Graphics card is a 9800GT, OS is Win7. Latest drivers etc.

ricktas
23-08-2011, 12:16pm
You need to ascertain if your graphics card is capable of storing two different profiles, one for each screen. Many are not able to, and can only store one, thus when you calibrate with any device, it will only store the one calibration profile and use it for both displays. For optimal result you need a graphics card that can independently store two profiles and use them, at the same time.

markjaffa
23-08-2011, 8:33pm
What Rick said! :th3: From my reading on this subject on the Net some older Win OS dont allow dual Look Up Tables(LUT) even though the card has dual monitor outputs. Good luck finding out which cards do support dual LUTs - most card manufacturers dont even mention the term - probably because they have coined their own label just to confuse us all! :rolleyes: But Win 7 does allow this, so it may be your graphics card is the issue. Some more things to check - is your system differentiating between the two monitors? Have you set them up as extended displays - not mirrors?