PDA

View Full Version : Off to New Zealand !!!

Roosta
22-08-2011, 9:04pm
I will be here (http://www.newzealand.com/au/article/franz-josef/) and here (http://www.newzealand.com/au/article/hokitika-gorge-walk/) in the month of September and plan to take some shots of the area. I will be staying in the Hokitika region and also might travel to Nelson for a RWC game on/around the 23 Sept.

Given that it will probally be flat white against flat light blue or close enough, I was looking for any help in the area of DOF and EXP for this type of landscape, SO,

Any help that you could offer will be greatly appreciated indeed.

I have a Canon 50D with a 70-200 F2.8 L and a Sigma 10-20 and a Sigma 18-50 F2.8, ND Grads and so on.

I'm also considering a drive to Invercargill, if any AP Regs in that part of the world would like to twist my arm.

Cheers in Advance,

mudman
22-08-2011, 10:00pm
great place you are going to Roo. too bad about the time of year, all that white stuff everywhere. Arthurs Pass has always been one of my fondest memories of land of the long white cloud.
have a great trip and get lots of top shots.
go da wallabies

Roosta
22-08-2011, 10:14pm
go da wallabies

Wont get the Green and Gold off me Mate..

Cheers.

kiwi
22-08-2011, 10:33pm
There are a few kiwis is NZ. There's great light there so I don't think you really need any special tips personally. Obviously if there's snow meter manually or dial in +2 ev on average so as to not underexpose too much

Have fun

Go the All Blacks !!!!

Roosta
22-08-2011, 11:25pm
There are a few kiwis is NZ. There's great light there so I don't think you really need any special tips personally. Obviously if there's snow meter manually or dial in +2 ev on average so as to not underexpose too much

Have fun

Go the All Blacks !!!!

Cheers mate, will keep that in mind.

"Go the all blacks" W T F are you kidding ???

GO the Wallabies mate, seriously Darren...

Analog6
23-08-2011, 5:44am
You lucky man! I long to go back.

The lower portion of the south island is stunning. Lake Wakatipu is absolutely without peer for photos. If you get up to the head of the lake there is the Gelnorchy Paradise area on the eastern shore and Kinloch/Caples/Routeburn on the western. Invercargill and Bluff are wonderful too. StanW lives in Invercargill and kindly put me up and showed me around when I was over there in May 2010.

I have a big set of photos from my two trips over on my RedBubble Gallery (http://www.redbubble.com/people/analog6/collections/83-south-island-nz).

About the only area I have not been to is the north east of the south island, so cannot advise you there. Kaikoura on the east coast is wonderful too.

I found the light to be amazing on both trips (Aug/Sept 2009 & May 2010). I'd advise taking all your lenses if you can, you won't regret it. And the dawn light is fantastic there.

mudman
23-08-2011, 7:28am
Wont get the Green and Gold off me Mate..

You do like living dangerously don't you?

StanW
23-08-2011, 7:37am
Roosta, I'll be very happy to see you if/when you make it to Invercargill.

Roosta
23-08-2011, 8:09pm
You lucky man! I long to go back.

The lower portion of the south island is stunning. Lake Wakatipu is absolutely without peer for photos. If you get up to the head of the lake there is the Gelnorchy Paradise area on the eastern shore and Kinloch/Caples/Routeburn on the western. Invercargill and Bluff are wonderful too. StanW lives in Invercargill and kindly put me up and showed me around when I was over there in May 2010.

I have a big set of photos from my two trips over on my RedBubble Gallery (http://www.redbubble.com/people/analog6/collections/83-south-island-nz).

About the only area I have not been to is the north east of the south island, so cannot advise you there. Kaikoura on the east coast is wonderful too.

I found the light to be amazing on both trips (Aug/Sept 2009 & May 2010). I'd advise taking all your lenses if you can, you won't regret it. And the dawn light is fantastic there.

Thanks Odille, will look into it all. Have some hiking in mind. Will take the full arsenel.

You do like living dangerously don't you?

Sure do, All Blacks will choke when the meet France or Us for that matter. May they play like a bunch on pansies... LOL

Roosta, I'll be very happy to see you if/when you make it to Invercargill.

Stan, Thank you muchly, will let you know what I'm up to, have to finalise the hire car and make sure I can drive it X kms, would love to get down your neck of the woods. Will PM you and let you know.

Thanks all, muchly appreciated.