PDA

View Full Version : Red Dog

BecdS
17-08-2011, 7:00pm
I took my Gran to see the new movie Red Dog on the weekend and we both thought it was fantastic!! A definite must see, but prepare your sides for stitches and don't forget some tissues.

Have you seen it? What did you think? Anything you've seen lately that you would highly recommend?

AmPhot
17-08-2011, 8:45pm
Saw it last weekend and loved it. Very refreshing to see an Australian film that's not about bloody crime, death, crime syndicates/families etc. Beautifully shot and a great cast of characters. Awesome soundtrack too. Go see it ! :th3:

BecdS
17-08-2011, 9:14pm
Very refreshing to see an Australian film that's not about bloody crime, death, crime syndicates/families etc.

I was particularly impressed with how "naturally Australian" it was. There was no Americanised, over the top "Geee daaaheee maaayte". The actors could be people I actually know.

ricktas
20-08-2011, 7:16pm
I have removed several posts from this thread. Please do not post the storyline outcome, there are members who have not seen the movie and knowing the ending is spoiling it for them.

mongo
21-08-2011, 10:16am
Mongo and Mrs Mongo had a choice of seeing it during last week but chose to see the Rise of the Planet of the Apes instead. We think that was a mistake. The movie we saw was far too over stated and not as good as all its publicity. Will go to see the Red Dog soon

Tommo224
22-08-2011, 4:39pm
I'd seen posters on buses and driven passed numerous bus stops with the ad on it. But hadn't ever watched the trailer until a few days ago. Looked interesting enough, may leave it for a "tight ass Tuesday" movie night :)

Bennymiata
22-08-2011, 5:10pm
My wife and I haven't been to the cinema for years.
Having had an HD TV for some years, together with an excellent surround sound system means it is more enjoyable to watch movies at home rather than go to the hassle of getting to the cinema on time, spending on the tickets and perhaps having some loud-mouth sitting nearby or a woman with a huge hat in front of you.
Now that I recently got a new 3D TV, I prefer to sit at home so I can burp and fart during the movie without feeling self-conscious about it.
Also, I can re-play the good bits and skim over the boring bits. :D

Don't missunderstand me, I love a good movie, but it is just so much more comfortable to watch it at home on blu-ray.

dt86vyss
24-08-2011, 5:56pm
I have seen the trailer to this movie and definitely think it looks like a must see, I can't wait to get to the movies to see it.