PDA

View Full Version : Getting sponsors for my new business, anyone else done anything like this?

Linnie
15-08-2011, 4:39pm
I have been shooting nightlife and events now for 6 months and have built myself up to 2 permanent positions and I get my work published in a magazine and have made a lot of new contacts for annual events, with all this happening I thought I would start up my own business as things were starting to get a bit messy with inviocing.

My question is, now that im registered and all official I am going to be getting a 'uniform' to wear when im out shooting and I was thinking that I could get a company to sponsor me, maybe an alcohol company as that is usually my target audience, so they would pretty much be paying for my uniform so they can have their logo's on display.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Or am I too much of a small fish?

ricktas
15-08-2011, 5:23pm
Sponsorship dollars are very hard to come by these days. All you can do is research the companies you want to have as sponsors, find out the names of the relevant people, make contact and try and line up an appointment. Remembering that sponsorship is a two way street. The companies want to get something back for what they expend. So make your presentation professional, know your goals, and the goals of the company you are seeking sponsorship from, and give it your best shot.

The worst that can happen is they say no!

Art Vandelay
15-08-2011, 5:42pm
If your only chasing the actual uniform, and therefore promoting someone else, you'd have to question if it's really worth it. A better option maybe to have your own shirt done up with your own business for promotion, plus a www address and message on the back informing patron on where to view pics... and purchase.

bazbert
15-08-2011, 6:19pm
If your only chasing the actual uniform, and therefore promoting someone else, you'd have to question if it's really worth it. A better option maybe to have your own shirt done up with your own business for promotion, plus a www address and message on the back informing patron on where to view pics... and purchase.

I think this is probably the best idea as you are also trying to promote your own business with the uniform, hence the idea of having one.

but if you want an alcoholic beverage company on your shirt maybe try one of the small local company's in the area, not someone like carlton united that can just spend a lazy million on a billboard campaign.

JM Tran
15-08-2011, 6:32pm
Ok lets do a fun exercise that I do sometimes with my men back then, a bit of role playing.

I am the Marketing rep from Jim Bean - we have $10,000 to spend on an individual or small business to promote our name and brand image to niche markets. We are willing to sponsor you for $10,000 if you can tell what you can offer us in return over a 24 month period?

Good Luck:)

Sobriquet
04-09-2011, 12:56pm
Ok lets do a fun exercise that I do sometimes with my men back then, a bit of role playing.

I am the Marketing rep from Jim Bean - we have $10,000 to spend on an individual or small business to promote our name and brand image to niche markets. We are willing to sponsor you for $10,000 if you can tell what you can offer us in return over a 24 month period?

Good Luck:)

$10 000??? The guy wants a uniform, a couple of pairs of pants and a few tops?? Maybe a smaller boutique company local to you might be interested but I think you would be better off sponsoring yourself. Tax deductible including laundering helps a little.

AmyK
30-09-2011, 9:48pm
See if you can get in contact with a rep from Club Suntory. They supply a fair few different brands of alcohol in Australia :)

Redgum
01-10-2011, 5:31pm
I can't see the sense in starting your own business and sponsoring someone else. And from a marketing perspective what would a small to medium business achieve from having one person (you - from a start-up business) promoting their product? You would be far better off promoting your own business, perhaps transfers on your car, than become a walking sign post for a boutique beverage. Your idea of advertising is alright and can be good and relatively inexpensive - just make sure that whoever sees your ads knows what business your in - and that's photography I guess?