PDA

View Full Version : Canon Photo5 2011 is nearly upon us

Miaow
13-08-2011, 10:13am
Got the email before to pre-register for my box - lucky i had entries in last year - looks like they have changed it so only those that had entries in last year can register for a box at pres - if you didnt then have to enter the open brief to get a chance at a box

Boxes are limited, so to make sure all entrants who really want one get one, we’ve tweaked the entry process. We're asking all non-2010 entrants to submit an image for the Open Brief to be eligible for a box. Given their popularity, it’s a good idea to start working on your image now. From September 5 you can upload your Open Brief image and request a box.

At least they have given the theme for the open one now to get people thinking - Through a pets eyes
http://www.canon.com.au/en-au/worldofeos/photo5/Briefs/Brief-1

Milbs1
13-08-2011, 9:54pm
I pre-registered too. Loved this competition last year, really got me trying new things :)

becn1808
15-08-2011, 1:45pm
Really looking forward to this :)

enVision
15-08-2011, 3:57pm
I have to enter the open brief to get a box. Didn't enter last year or pre-register when I could've :(

ricktas
15-08-2011, 5:29pm
Must say, I am over this one! Since it began, every winner has been shot with a Canon. If Canon want it to be a Canon shooters only, they should state that. I don't think Canon are being honest or fair, by letting everyone enter, but only those who use Canon seem to be able to win.

Now this might sound like sour grapes, but it isn't. It just concerns me that what appears to be a competition open for all photographers, doesn't ultimately seem to be (from the years of results so far).

Jules
15-08-2011, 7:07pm
Must say, I am over this one! Since it began, every winner has been shot with a Canon. If Canon want it to be a Canon shooters only, they should state that. I don't think Canon are being honest or fair, by letting everyone enter, but only those who use Canon seem to be able to win.

Now this might sound like sour grapes, but it isn't. It just concerns me that what appears to be a competition open for all photographers, doesn't ultimately seem to be (from the years of results so far).

Interesting Rick. I can't say I'd noticed that all the previous winners were Canon users. Should give me an advantage in that case, but no luck so far!

kiwi
15-08-2011, 8:18pm
Maybe 90% of entries are canon made pictures, which kinda makes sense

Milbs1
15-08-2011, 10:06pm
I agree with Kiwi, as its a Canon run comp, most of the World of EOS members are probably Canon hence the high Canon participation. The competition has flaws, but there are great prizes for a free to enter comp. I still find it exciting to get the box and try to do my best for each brief. Nothing ventured, nothing gained :)

Art Vandelay
15-08-2011, 10:46pm
Interesting how they don't just mail it out automatically this year.
That'd be as a result of people like me who order it thinking it sounds like a good idea, but never get the motivation to actually do it. :o

neens
20-08-2011, 3:41pm
I agree too, I had a go at it last year and as a newbie I found it really great to learn new things just by attempting to answer the briefs. To my surprise I managed to get in the eye dropper finals too, which was super exciting. I'm really looking forward to having another go at it this year too!! :th3:

Danielle10
20-08-2011, 3:52pm
I'm going to have a go at the briefs and try to get a box. Sounds like fun. But I'm not very inventive so im hoping this will get the mojo going

reaction
22-08-2011, 2:12pm
Since it began, every winner has been shot with a Canon.

Possibly a large factor is perhaps the judges are Canon users too, thus favor a certain style which some Canons produce.

Also every man and his dog owns a Canon in this country, just the amount of marketing they do is ridiculous.

ving
22-08-2011, 2:19pm
I know the winners are always canon users, yeah i know i dont stand a chance... but i enjoy it so once again my name goes into the hat :th3: