PDA

View Full Version : DigitalRev shop

reaction
11-08-2011, 11:49am
OK Not sure where this thread fits really.

I'm going to HK soon :th3:
I'm going to walk into the DigitalRev shop and buy lots of stuff with cash. I want the lenses to be HK retail, as that gives me 1yr int warranty. I want the body to be HK grey, as they don't qualify for int warranty anyway. But Nikon doesn't list as authorised dealer so not sure about whether they offer HK retail stock

Has anyone tried this before? I want to walk in cuz I always check my gear thus I never buy via mail. I'm not sure how much checking DigitalRev will allow, or their swap policy eg for sensor dead pixels, or inner element dust in lenses - ie stuff that's not DOA but also not perfect. :confused013

ricktas
11-08-2011, 12:10pm
Send AP member digital rev : http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/member.php?11368-DigitalRev : a pm and ask them directly.

Bennymiata
11-08-2011, 1:14pm
There's lots and lots of other shops in HK too, and I would imagine you could probably do a better deal when you are there in person and shop around.
However, there are also rip-off stores there too, especially in the heavy tourist areas like TST on the Kowloon side.
I do know of a few very reputable retailers there however that do offer the right stuff at the right price.
Make sure you know your grey prices though fo rthe equipment you want to buy.

One thing about HK.
If there is something you want, and the store doesn't have it in stock, they can usually get it in an hour or so.
Don't forget, HK is one of the areas that sell the most cameras in the world.
Once you get there, you won't believe how much stuff is there on offer.

JM Tran
11-08-2011, 1:23pm
I tried asking for local pick up from DR yrs ago when I was working in HK - it was not possible only delivery only.

But why DR when you have Wing Shing Cameras in Mong Kok on Sai Yeun Choi St? Even cheaper and its one of the bigger stores in HK where you can haggle for the price a bit and try things before you buy.

nightbringer
11-08-2011, 7:18pm
If you do go, see if you can meet Kai and get an autograph :P