PDA

View Full Version : Unsure about my monitor calibration

fats
10-08-2011, 10:38pm
Hi guys,

I recently purchased a Spyder3pro and calibrated my monitor. Not suprisingly I have a fairly different view now.

Should I just trust it though?

I would get some prints done and check but when I have asked about colour management in at least one of the decent printers here in Alice Springs I received blank looks and was asked if I knew how to use the print kiosk:eek:.

Am I overthinking this?

Should I just process some photos in sRGB and assume that I should get a decent match from the printer?

Any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Anthony

I @ M
11-08-2011, 5:32am
Anthony, really the only way that you will know that the graphics card, spyder and monitor are all talking the same language is to get some prints done.
Having said that, I would avoid the local "kiosk" printers and have them done by someone that has a good reputation for printing correctly.
In this day and age it is fairly easy to send them anywhere in the country through the 'net and get them back in the post.
Try getting a few images printed at smallish sizes by RGB Digital --- http://www.rgbdigital.com.au/ --- in Brisbane, they seem to offer consistent colour, their service is fast and prices are good, just remember to factor in postage costs with the finished product.

fats
11-08-2011, 8:36am
Thanks I @ M.

I had a look at the website and I will certainly get a few prints done through them. I will also try and get the guys at Clickonprint to print me a sample page because I think I will be using them for a couple of photobooks shortly.