PDA

View Full Version : photo "safari" trips

davros
08-08-2011, 5:27pm
Have any of you been on a photo "safari" or expedition? Was it worth it and if so any recommendations for companies and places? I'm being force to take vacation for the second half of September and all of my usual adventure prospects have dried up for that time of year. Maybe it's time to pack the camera and hit the road. I'm looking for trips outside Aus if possible.

Ta!

Art Vandelay
08-08-2011, 7:02pm
With the $ the way it is, it's a good time to be heading on an overseas Jaunt.

Really depends on your preffered subject matter & where you want to go. The possibilities are endless. You'll have to narrow it down a bit. :)

davros
08-08-2011, 8:59pm
fair enough. I'm really open to everything, but if I had to pick something more specific I would say something revolving around historical landscape/architecture - something with a story behind it. My biggest hurdle with that category is that I loath "old folks" bus tours. I prefer to get in and mix with the locals more than run around screaming I'm a tourist look at me.

I guess to help run through the possibilities I was hoping to hear about others experience with companies and what kind of shooting they were doing. I've been shooting for a couple of years now, but haven't really settled on one particular genre.