PDA

View Full Version : Positive Film Developed ?

colinbm
05-08-2011, 11:01pm
I want some plain exposed & developed positive film, Kodak E-100, Fuji Provia or Fuji Velvia etc.
I would prefer a sheet but a roll of 35mm film is OK.
I want to use this for filters for InfraRed. I have plenty of glass & plastic filters of 1 - 3mm thick, but I need a thin film for this project Please.
Can anyone tell me where I can buy a sheet or film like this Please ?
Cheers
Col
on the Gold Coast.

fillum
06-08-2011, 12:46pm
Hi Col, you can get sheet film in 4x5" and 8x10" sizes, however getting a single sheet is likely to be a problem. As far as I'm aware the smallest boxes contain 10 sheets - you'd be looking at around $50-60 for Velvia in 4x5 and well over $100 for a box of 8x10 (plus shipping). Processing at a lab would be somewhere around the $10 mark per sheet.

Your best bet might be using 120 roll film (as it's wider than 35mm). You should be able to get a roll for under $10 (~ $15 delivered). Around $10 per roll to process. (You could also use 220 for double the length).

Roll film and 4x5 is readily available from major photo stores such as Vanbar, etc. You can also get it on Ebay (for example seller cheap_shots_au gets pretty good reports although I have no experience with them). Have a look through the AP sponsor list, there might also be a supplier there. If you want 8x10 you might need to get it ordered in specially, or source it from overseas (B&H, etc).

Another option you might like to try is to contact a lab and explain what you need. They might be willing to expose and process a single sheet of 4x5 for a reasonable fee.

You could also post here asking if there are any members shooting 4x5 transparencies (I'm not aware of any) who might be willing to include a blank exposed sheet in their next batch of processing.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

colinbm
06-08-2011, 12:59pm
Thanks very much Phil
You have given me some names to chase, thanks :)
Your last suggestion was what I was hoping for .....

"" You could also post here asking if there are any members shooting 4x5 transparencies (I'm not aware of any) who might be willing to include a blank exposed sheet in their next batch of processing. "" :th3:

Cheers
Col