PDA

View Full Version : I Have Some Work

Analog6
29-07-2011, 6:03am
and best of all it is local!

The lady up at the local store took it over 6 months ago and is running a Real Estate shop front there. She was training a 19 year old girl in RE & Cert III in Business and on Tuesday she asked if she could leave early, then rang Heather at 5pm and said she had a job in childcare and she was quitting right then and there.

So Heather is going to use me for the property management side – small at the moment, she only has 8 rentals but if I can build it up I will get more work. Maybe 8 hours a week and building it up hopefully. Darned sight better than nothing and at least I’m out there working.

And there may be opportunities for some real estate photography in it too.

Will keep you posted as to how it goes.

yummymummy
29-07-2011, 6:44am
Congrats Odille!! well done :) :th3:

ricktas
29-07-2011, 7:20am
Congrats Odille.. I hope Heather had her on a contract and can therefore not pay her any annual leave accrual etc as the 19yo breached her contract by not giving the required resignation notice period.

Michaela
29-07-2011, 2:42pm
Great news! :efelant:

Tikira
29-07-2011, 3:00pm
Great to hear Odille, congratulations

Di

Analog6
29-07-2011, 3:53pm
Congrats Odille.. I hope Heather had her on a contract and can therefore not pay her any annual leave accrual etc as the 19yo breached her contract by not giving the required resignation notice period.

Not sure of that aspect Rick but the little brat had just 2 weeks of the Cert III to go and now the training organisation does not get paid by the govt for all the work they put in on her. Pretty poor behaviour.

Bennymiata
29-07-2011, 6:43pm
Unfortunately there are lots of young kids out there who really don't care.
They are just out for themselves and bugger anyone else.

When the company I work for had a full-blown factory, we were very keen to train up young kids and give them a good trade, but usually, after a few weeks, they were gone and never to be seen again.

If companies advertise for trainees, they hardly ever get a response, but advertise for a manager - and you'll be swamped with enquiries.
Everyone wants to be a boss today, and no-one wants to be a worker!

ksolomon
29-07-2011, 6:49pm
Congratulations Odille that is great news. I am sure this will lead to more and also some real estate photography :)

BecdS
29-07-2011, 7:21pm
Unfortunately there are lots of young kids out there who really don't care.
They are just out for themselves and bugger anyone else.

So true, but not just young kids. There are plenty of older people who should know better who walk the earth sure in their belief that the whole world owes them something. I get a lot of self important "adults" (using that term very loosely) at work every day. Just because they work for a large company, they think their proverbial :oops: doesn't stink.

Congratulations on the job, Odille! :th3:

Shelley
29-07-2011, 10:18pm
Congrats Odille, that is really good news for you.

geoffsta
29-07-2011, 10:28pm
Congrats from me too. I hope you enjoy the job, and get a bit of realestate photography practice in as well.

graemelee
30-07-2011, 12:11am
Yes good on you

mongo
30-07-2011, 10:15pm
go get them Odille.

Hmmmm......real estate, property management.....Mongo could tell you something about that !

dt86vyss
25-08-2011, 8:17am
I currently work in a management capacity within the organization I work for and cannot agree enough with Benny... Younger people these days just don't give a rats. I currently manage 27 staff in an insurance operation, we have started to look a lot deeper into our recruitment process lately to try and rid ourselves of the staff that call in sick because they feel they are 'entitled' staff that simply don't care about the business, make poor decisions because they can't get off Facebook... Not adhering to standard adherence policies like calling when they are running late rather than SMS... The list goes on. Not only that, these days, the staff have company management by the balls with all the regulations behind, bullying, harassment, unfair dismissal, fair work acts, industrial relations... Blah... Blah... Blah!

Some say people management is the hardest most challenging profession... I certainly agree!!

peterb666
25-08-2011, 8:38am
Good luck with the job.

Commitment seems to be a problem with too many and not just in the employment field. I don't think it is specifically an age thing but a much broader malaise.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Lesley Bray
25-08-2011, 5:54pm
Congratulations Odille - hope all goes well for you !
Lesley