PDA

View Full Version : just a bitch

macmich
28-07-2011, 11:21pm
just thought telling someone might make me feel better
i decided to sell my optex tripod with pistol grip
not the best tripod in the world and i through in a old panning head that i have never used and just gathering dust
any way i put it on fleabay for $50 and sure enough it went for $50 but that did not worry me
there was hardly a mark on any of the heads or tripod
i sent the invoice of and i get a message back that i want it sent registered
again i said no worries and sent them a updated invoice
next day i get a email saying that the pistol grip had a big crack in it and i must have forgot to mention it
i said crap send me some photos
the photos rollup and what i would say is they have mixed up the plates for the 2 diffrent heads and forced the hell out of the lever and has split it in half
i told them it left here ok and be careful who you are calling a liar
now paypal contacts me this morning and tells me that the dispute has been looked at and i sold a faulty item and they are send ing the item back to me and giving the money back to the butyer
so a phone call to consumer affairs is on the cards tommorow
thanks for listening
cheers macca

Tjfrnds
28-07-2011, 11:41pm
:eek: sounds awful! Hope it all works out for you:)

eloki
29-07-2011, 12:13am
Let us know the outcome.

Duane Pipe
29-07-2011, 7:54am
What a bummer Macca Good luck

bushbikie
29-07-2011, 8:38am
I always take photos of the gear, and how it's packed, prior to sealing and sending - that way I've got something to argue with if there is a problem at the other end.

macmich
29-07-2011, 8:52am
i learnt a lesson by not taking the photos
but on my listings it is stated no returns
and there was noyhing at all wrong when it left here
i recieved mail this morning saying there going to investigate more
thats after i told them that they are breaking auction laws
and refunding my money without a contact and that i was getting the ombudsman involved
but the pains healing with the new 10-20 siggy
cheers macca

Ms Monny
29-07-2011, 9:07am
ouch! yep photos before is a must. Didn't you have photos of the gear to put up in ebay??

at least the new siggy will heal a bit of your pain! ;)

Bennymiata
29-07-2011, 2:38pm
There are so amny dodgy buyers on e-bay.

I wouldn't be surprised if the buyer owned the broken head already, then bought yours and then complained the head was cracked.

A similar thing happened to friend of mine.
Luckily, he took a photo of the serial number of the item before he sent it, and when the recipient got it and complained, he asked for a photo of the serial number, and they never got back to him and the dispute was withdrawn.

As the goods were sent by registered mail, tell the buyer to claim the damage on the post office.

Personally, I would never do any business with Pay Pal. I've heard so many horror stories about them.

ving
29-07-2011, 2:45pm
hmm... so you sent it off ok and they put the wrong plate on the wrong head out of ignorance and busted it then tried to blame you... thats it in short right?

gee theres some idiots out there. i hope all goes well for you.
sometimes i think life needs an instruction manual for some :rolleyes:

ameerat42
29-07-2011, 2:57pm
I always take photos of the gear, and how it's packed, prior to sealing and sending - that way I've got something to argue with if there is a problem at the other end.

You left a couple of words still in my mouth, bushbikie. "And include the photos with their exif dates to the seller."

This sounds like a real case of of a bovine's behind. Can you do anything to alert other buyers as to this "person's" abilities?

Good luck. Am.

macmich
29-07-2011, 7:06pm
i tried the post office thing this morning
as soon as they receive they have to claim
so now it is in trassit back to me no one can claim
i sent another email to ebay and stated theres no way known i could have done that photo and the plate was not seen sitting straight
the 66 is not the point its the stigma of them thinking i am a liar and sold a broken item
by the way did any one answer my post on what vangaurd tripods are like
cheers macca

Wayne
29-07-2011, 10:49pm
Rule #1 - When selling on Ebay, I make a video of the item going into it's packaging and being sealed.
Rule#2 - When sold on Ebay, drain funds from Paypal acc to your bank acc prior to sending item.

macmich
29-07-2011, 11:17pm
rule 3 i no where they live
macca

Bennymiata
01-08-2011, 11:37am
i tried the post office thing this morning
as soon as they receive they have to claim
so now it is in trassit back to me no one can claim
i sent another email to ebay and stated theres no way known i could have done that photo and the plate was not seen sitting straight
the 66 is not the point its the stigma of them thinking i am a liar and sold a broken item
by the way did any one answer my post on what vangaurd tripods are like
cheers macca

I have a Vangaurd AT-263 (I think that's the model number) in aluminium and I think it's pretty good.
Quite steady with a gripped Canon 60D and 100-400L lens + flash on the top and video light on a bracket, and easy to set up and level.
The centre post is fantastic and can be put at any angle, which is great for macro stuff.

I'm 177cm tall and the tripod can put the camera at a height where I can't see the viewfinder, so it would be suitble for a 6 foot tall user.
Came with a carry bag, a stone bag (for weighing it down) some other goodies too.

Having said that, Ive got my eye on a Manfrotto 055CX Pro jobbie in C/F!