PDA

View Full Version : Uploading Images

peter4wdexposure
28-07-2011, 2:01pm
I have always used the Insert Image Icon to laod images and have successfuly done so since the upgrade but my recent attempts have failed with the following error message.
Any help would be appreciated.

500[IOErrorevent type= ioeror” bubbles = false cancelable=false eventPhase = 2 =text=Ėrror #2038”]

Adamm
28-07-2011, 2:09pm
that is the one i was getting..... so i ended up uploading images to photobucket and inserting link into post....

Kym
28-07-2011, 2:20pm
Please read this
http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=How_Do_I:Site_access_problems:_fix_methods_troubleshooting_guide&redirect=no

peter4wdexposure
28-07-2011, 2:23pm
Thanks Kym, I will give it go.

Kym
28-07-2011, 3:28pm
Ah ha!! It's multiple uploads causing the problem. Further investigation undeerway

Kym
28-07-2011, 3:46pm
The issue of multiple uploads *should* be ok now.

Please advise.

Tech note: We had changed to fastcgi (to make things faster) but that needed help.

peter4wdexposure
28-07-2011, 3:53pm
I deleted cookies, etc and tried again. I was only trying to upload on image.

Still no go. It just doesn't like my shots. Very discerning system.

The only thing I ahve not tried is restartingmy computer. I will try that.

smp
28-07-2011, 4:08pm
Still not working for me. I get the error mentioned in the first post still. Trying to upload one image only.

peter4wdexposure
28-07-2011, 4:10pm
Restarted computer and still no go. Sorry to be a nuisance.

mongo
28-07-2011, 4:15pm
Mongo would like to try the first fix it method but how does he Clear his cache and Delete any AP cookies (or all cookies) ???? not everyone is computer literate.

peter4wdexposure
28-07-2011, 4:25pm
With Internet Explorer open (or whatever you use) go to Tools>Internet Options>look in the General Tab of the dialogue box that opens and you should find a heading Browsing History. Hit Delete in that section and it will bring up another dialogue box that will allow you to tick a box to delte Cookies.

Kym
28-07-2011, 4:32pm
Restarted computer and still no go. Sorry to be a nuisance.

Please test with one attachment in the basic uploader mode.
I can now do multiple files at a time.

What browser and version?

peter4wdexposure
28-07-2011, 4:35pm
I am using IE9.

What do you mean by basic uploader mode? I have been trying Insert Image Icon above and then uploading the file from My Computer.

mongo
28-07-2011, 4:42pm
Mongo is having all the same problems and is using Firefox version 4.0.1 (do not want to go to version 5 because it disables features of McAfee security for the time being.

Also, have only ever uploaded 1 image at a time for the last 2 years plus. Still no go.

Kym
28-07-2011, 5:00pm
Some confusion here.
There are two distinct methods.
a) attach image to the post
b) Link from another site using IMG tags

I have fixed the attach images and the IMG tags work.

Which are you referring to?

Kym
28-07-2011, 5:01pm
Test IMG link
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6018/5960170007_7e0b6faa79_t.jpg

mongo
28-07-2011, 5:05pm
Kym, Mongo just tried "Attach images" as you have indicated above but still get the same error message.

also carried out the first fix it method including changing skin and back again

Bintryin
28-07-2011, 5:21pm
I have been posting pics on other sites that use the same software and no problem so the problem is with this site!!! may be space overload. any way its fixed by posting from my flicker site.
Cheers Mike

William
28-07-2011, 5:24pm
See if I can do it using Manage Attachments direct from computor, I'm on IE8

Hmmm, Nope , Same error message

smp
28-07-2011, 5:30pm
Sorry dudes - got the same error message after trying all the above.

WhoDo
28-07-2011, 5:32pm
Sorry dudes - got the same error message after trying all the above.

Kym and the mods are working on it as we speak. Thanks for your patience, guys. :th3:

Kym
28-07-2011, 6:27pm
I've made a change... please try again

Kym
28-07-2011, 7:11pm
A further change has been made based on information from the support site.

ricktas
28-07-2011, 7:15pm
I have been posting pics on other sites that use the same software and no problem so the problem is with this site!!! may be space overload. any way its fixed by posting from my flicker site.
Cheers Mike

Not a space issue at all, the site can deal with over 1,000,000 files and has heaps of GB of free HDD space, We are working on it.

colinbm
28-07-2011, 7:16pm
Kym and the mods are working on it as we speak. Thanks for your patience, guys. :th3:

The poor guy / guys have been up to their ears in this for 24 hrs that I know of ???????
Col

Kym
28-07-2011, 7:21pm
It was intermittent - I did find a report of the same problem and have implemented the recommended solution; the mods having the issue now report it works :th3:

smp
28-07-2011, 7:22pm
Good work Kym and whoever else was working on it. Works now - no problems.

Bintryin
30-07-2011, 5:57pm
Sorry to say still wont work for me, I have posted the same pics on other sites using the same software you guys are using and no problems i use the uploader pop up and it works fine but not here not sure what the problem is.
Cheers Mike

I @ M
30-07-2011, 6:03pm
Mike, log out and clear all cache and cookies and log back in and try.

In the meantime I will run another test upload and see if there is anything untoward happening.

Kym
30-07-2011, 6:45pm
I've just tested 5 large images in the mods area - no problems.
I also uploaded a 2mb oversized into the comp system (which was rejected) but it all worked as it should.

The problem from earlier in the week was corrected (post size was too small).

ricktas
30-07-2011, 7:15pm
Sorry to say still wont work for me, I have posted the same pics on other sites using the same software you guys are using and no problems i use the uploader pop up and it works fine but not here not sure what the problem is.
Cheers Mike

What is happening? Are you getting an error message, any information you can give us about exactly when it happens etc. We cannot find a solution without knowing at what point it occurs and what happens.

peter4wdexposure
31-07-2011, 8:34pm
Sorry guys, I started this thread and then have been away for the weekend. I just tried to upload and everything is now OK at my end. I really appreciate how hard you guys have worked and also the speed of response. Thanks very much.

Kym
31-07-2011, 9:26pm
Sorry guys, I started this thread and then have been away for the weekend. I just tried to upload and everything is now OK at my end. I really appreciate how hard you guys have worked and also the speed of response. Thanks very much.

Thanks for reporting the problem. It took me a while to find it. It was part of a site optimisation setting.

Blueywa
31-07-2011, 10:08pm
I was getting so worried that I considered phoning a friend;)

rebel18
10-08-2011, 1:27pm
Although I like being a member of this site I am thinking of leaving it because the downloading of the comp photos is chewing up my meagre amount allotted to me.
I am on satellite and the amount of photos in each and ever comp and the size is much to much for me, especially the size of some of the photos, there huge!
I'm not happy about leaving but what else can I do, we are rural and rely on the satellite for more than just AP.:angry0:

William
10-08-2011, 2:34pm
:confused013 just look at the Thumb nails ;) Avoid the posts that have multiple uploads, Dont refresh as much , Although I not sure what meager is anymore ;) In 12mths I've gone from 12gb/25gb to 100gb , 100gb is keeping the teenager at bay , For a while :rolleyes:

tanz
10-08-2011, 3:16pm
I have always used the icon that looks like a window (the one that says 'image' when you hover the mouse over it) to post my photo's from flickr. But when I tried last night, it just said in green writing 'Attachment 0' and I couldn't see the photo.

So I used the icon two to the left (it says 'link' when you hover the mouse over it) and it seems to have worked, I can see the image and nobody has said they can't. I just wanted to double check that it is ok to do it this way, or if there is any reason why I shouldn't.

Kym
10-08-2011, 3:20pm
I have always used the icon that looks like a window (the one that says 'image' when you hover the mouse over it) to post my photo's from flickr. But when I tried last night, it just said in green writing 'Attachment 0' and I couldn't see the photo.

So I used the icon two to the left (it says 'link' when you hover the mouse over it) and it seems to have worked, I can see the image and nobody has said they can't. I just wanted to double check that it is ok to do it this way, or if there is any reason why I shouldn't.

This is the 'correct' Flickr method http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=How_Do_I:Flickr_:_How_to_link_photos_into_Ausphotography

The Image icon will work for vanilla .jpg links. NB: You must select the 'From URL' option.

tanz
10-08-2011, 3:24pm

Boy you are quick Kym, thanks. Yes that is the way I have always done it. Just tried again, this is what I get.

WhoDo
10-08-2011, 6:24pm
Hi Tania,

Follow these instructions and the problem will be solved. Be sure to use only the part of the image URL (location) shown in the instructions.

http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?24694-How-to-link-photos-into-Ausphotography-threads&p=898510&viewfull=1#post898510

ricktas
10-08-2011, 6:59pm
Although I like being a member of this site I am thinking of leaving it because the downloading of the comp photos is chewing up my meagre amount allotted to me.
I am on satellite and the amount of photos in each and ever comp and the size is much to much for me, especially the size of some of the photos, there huge!
I'm not happy about leaving but what else can I do, we are rural and rely on the satellite for more than just AP.:angry0:

You mention the size of some of the comp photos. Competition photos cannot be more than 250KB, if they are, they reject during upload during entry. So they can't be 'huge'.

Ultimately, it is your choice, but it is also your choice to which parts of the site you use. You can still enjoy the site, and not enter/view/vote on the competitions, if that is an issue for you.

tanz
10-08-2011, 9:18pm
Be sure to use only the part of the image URL (location) shown in the instructions.

Ahhhhhhh, thanks Waz, I have always posted the whole thing, that works now, thank you :)

peter4wdexposure
19-09-2011, 3:48pm
I have been away taking shots acros the Simpson Desert and just returned to try an post an image or two but I cannot remember how to do it. I tried what I thought was my normal process of clicking on the Image icon above and then selecting a file from my computer. The file seemed to load but nothing appeared.

Can you update me on the correct process?

Edit: I see it has added it as an attachment. Is this the correct method as others don not seem to be attachments?

Kym
19-09-2011, 4:53pm
There was a wrong setting in the IMG linker - it now does the right thing (at was copying the image and making it an attachment - :oops:)

We did a software upgrade on Saturday - this was missed

Ian Brewster
19-09-2011, 5:21pm
I have been having the same problem when replying to threads and uploading an image in my answer. So I will try here and see what happens, Ian

Ian Brewster
19-09-2011, 5:26pm
Hi Kym,

My last post showed the image only after I posted it. This is what I saw (which I cannot see as I write this after uploading it):

PS I have cleared the cache

Kym
19-09-2011, 7:34pm
@Ian what steps did you take to attach the image?
1. Use the paper clip attachment tool
or
2. Use the insert image tool?

The bug was in the insert image tool, please try a clear cache and refresh of your browser to ensure you have the latest javascript

Ian Brewster
20-09-2011, 10:31am
Hi Kym,

I used the Image button. I'm not aware of the Paper Clip - where is it? If it's the one on the RHS of the Image button, the flag doesn't come up to explain that one - all the others are OK.

Have just cleared the cache and restarted the browser (I am now using Chrome - maybe that's a problem?). So will try here again:

Nothing is showing, pending my Post Quick Reply.

Ian

Ian Brewster
20-09-2011, 10:35am
Kym,

I have just found the Paper Clip button, but it's only in the Advanced set-up.

Ian

Kym
21-09-2011, 11:51am
Kym,
I have just found the Paper Clip button, but it's only in the Advanced set-up.
Ian

You can also double click the Reply to Thread button to go straight to the advanced reply form.

Ian Brewster
21-09-2011, 1:40pm
Kym,

Are you saying we should now always use the Paper Clip approach now, instead of the Image Upload process for files from our own computers?

Ian

Kym
21-09-2011, 2:04pm
Kym,
Are you saying we should now always use the Paper Clip approach now, instead of the Image Upload process for files from our own computers?
Ian

I've found using the Image Uploader (link) to link external images and use the paperclip for attachments works best.
Further you may want to set 'Enhanced Attachment Uploading off' via the settings/general (if you have problems).

peter4wdexposure
21-09-2011, 5:04pm
Thanks Kym. I have been tied up lately and not able to particpate as much as I would like. This will improve next year.

Wilky
24-09-2011, 9:47pm
I have one for you Kym, I am using chrome and for this weeks POW for love nor money can I load my image. It gets stuck at 6% and then finally times out to a google error page. I have been trying for a couple of days now and also tried in the test zone but the same result. Any clues gladly taken on board.

Kym
24-09-2011, 10:04pm
@Wilky - I just tried a comp entry upload via Chrome ... all ok.
All I can suggest is to clear the cache or try another browser or computer or network connection.
Also: re-boot your router may help.

FWIW there is no browser specific code in the up-loader.

Wilky
25-09-2011, 12:51pm
@Wilky - I just tried a comp entry upload via Chrome ... all ok.
All I can suggest is to clear the cache or try another browser or computer or network connection.
Also: re-boot your router may help.

FWIW there is no browser specific code in the up-loader.

Just changed to firefox and it worked a treat,