PDA

View Full Version : Truth in Advertising?

CherylB
27-07-2011, 2:21pm
Shock, horror! :eek: Advertisers might have to tell the truth (http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/beauty/pictures--dont-reflect-reality-julia-roberts-ad-given-the-brush-off-by-watchdog-20110727-1hz9s.html) in their beauty product ads now!!!

Even worse ..... does Photoshop have a 'use-by' date???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

colinbm
27-07-2011, 3:15pm
.................:lol:....... good one........ :th3:
Well the regulator could have asked for Roberts to appear in person un-made-up & asked the Co to apply the make-up as required :confused013
Col

ScottM
27-07-2011, 3:15pm
Nooooo, I don't believe this! Advertisers only have our best interests in mind. I'm sure, because they've paid good money to tell me so! This is scandalous, if only News of the World were still around to expose this lie!! :D

Art Vandelay
27-07-2011, 3:36pm
Truth in advertising would be so sad, that'd mean I'd have to face the reality that my hair wont wont grow back, or I would have to actually work out in a gym for 10 years to look like Arnie Schwartznegger instead of 5 minutes a week on an ab machine while watching TV.

Bennymiata
27-07-2011, 4:48pm
The only sector this won't apply to, is the government!

It seems they can say whatever they want, and lie as much as they want, and can only be taken to task at an election.

I think that government advertising should be MORE honest that ads from companies, and not less.

I @ M
27-07-2011, 4:51pm
The only sector this won't apply to, is the government!

But Benny, the govt don't advertise, they educate & inform the populace ---------------- don't they? :lol:

colinbm
27-07-2011, 4:59pm
Is like the joke..............
Don't steal, the government doesn't like competition :eek:
Col

Scotty72
27-07-2011, 7:01pm
I think a can of worms is being opened up here :th3:

This ruling could see the banning of all sorts of ads.

The ads for those jeans don't reflect the way my arse really looks in them;
The ad for the dating web-site doesn't really reflect the girl who turned up at the cafe...

Scotty

colinbm
27-07-2011, 7:55pm
Maybe a cat amongst the pigeons, more like it :lol:
Col