PDA

View Full Version : AIPP The Event

Lucas
26-07-2011, 3:11pm
This looks like it could be a great learning experience for anyone looking to progress in their photography... That's why my girl friend and I have been thinking about going. It is a little pricey though - but then you generally get what you pay for...

But that's the thing I'm not sure about, is it good value? The early bird cost is $550 for AIPP members for the 4 days, $675 for non-members, so we're thinking about becoming AIPP emerging members too.

Has anyone been to one before? Is anyone planning to go this year? Some of the speakers this year include Sue Bryce, Nick Ghionis, Tony Hewitt, Steve Saporito, and Rocco Ancora. Have any of you ever heard any of these speak or been to their workshops? What did you think, and did you learn a lot?

The schedule can be found here: (removed- breaches site rules for members with under 50 posts - note that members with under 50 posts are not supposed to discuss/promote commercial events, but as this event was advertised on AP last year, the thread can remain *)

Who will you see if you're going, or who would you see if you were going?

Oh, I should also add it's in Adelaide this year, even more sense for us to go...

Cheers,
Lucas

Longshots
26-07-2011, 3:53pm
OK I am an AIPP member - so better state that first. I eventually did go to last years Event, after a lot of deliberation. Let me assure you that I thought it was absolutely brilliant and in relation to whats available on the seminars, presentations etc etc etc that are out there, its BRILLIANT value for money.

If you are already in Adelaide, there really is no contest :)

Lucas
26-07-2011, 5:23pm
Thanks for your input William, and thanks for the honesty about your bias! Haha! All good though.

Do you recall who you saw last year? And why? Although seeing that your photography is miles ahead of mine, it may be irrelevant.

I think we will definitely go for at least one day, but it's pretty much triple the value for not much more if we went for all the days...

johndom
26-07-2011, 9:33pm
I was strongly considering going, but I have a IT upgrade set for this year so I will point the cash in that direction. How boring!
These events do remind me of my time studying film, The info was interesting but the expriences and inspiration of the lecturers was what got me motivated and inspired.

Longshots
26-07-2011, 10:02pm
Cheers Lucas - we never stop learning - and by continually improving my personal development is how I continue to develop my skills. Learning isnt just from those above, but from everyone and everything around you - regardless of your current skill level.