PDA

View Full Version : ebay Studio backdrop setups?

n00g33
26-07-2011, 2:23pm
Hi APers.

I need a backdrop (already have the off camera flash equipment). I was thinking bigger is always better if you can fit it. Also just gonna get fabric from lincraft/spotlight.

Just wondering if anybody has tried any of those studio ebay setups?

I was looking at *removed, members with less than 50 posts and/or 30 days membership cannot link to anything other than their own personal photographic website. Please read the site rules*

Old Skool
26-07-2011, 5:26pm
I have a similar one I got off EBay. Nice & solid, fits together well complete with carry bag. I think mine was about $99 so maybe the same model as same dimensions. Worth it for the money I feel. Fabric from Spotlight is hard to find wide enough and also finding a material that doesn't crease is hard. I ended up with a sunblock / rubber backed curtain material but find I tend to just use an old dark blue velour type queen blanket clamped to it for my portrait shots.

lay-z
26-07-2011, 5:30pm
I have something similar from Ebay also. However, it doesn't feel all that sturdy once extended up to full height. I tend to weigh mine down with bags of rocks to stop it from toppling over onto the subjects.