PDA

View Full Version : Help with CS5 Please

robz
23-07-2011, 8:49pm
Can anyone help me produce an image which has a totally transparent background?
I have a selected object which I copy to a new layer or a new background altogether. This bit is fine, but how can I make the background of the new layer or file transparent.
I want to be able to copy or import this final image into a presentation and have the background on the presentation slide show through the imported image... except of the object of interest.

Any help greatly appreciated:umm:

rowdy23
23-07-2011, 9:57pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHMQMeA7IE

hope this helps..

there a heaps like this

Damo77
24-07-2011, 8:24am
Can anyone help me produce an image which has a totally transparent background?
I have a selected object which I copy to a new layer or a new background altogether. This bit is fine, but how can I make the background of the new layer or file transparent.
I want to be able to copy or import this final image into a presentation and have the background on the presentation slide show through the imported image... except of the object of interest.
It sounds to me like you've already removed the background; am I right in guessing that your problem is how to save the file so that the transparency is maintained when placed in the slideshow program? In that case, you'd better tell us which slideshow program you're using.

It seems likely that PNG will be the most successful format.

ricktas
24-07-2011, 8:36am
I think Damien has probably hit the nail on the head. TIFF, JPG and many other file formats cannot have transparent sections. Save as PNG or GIF.

robz
24-07-2011, 6:53pm
Thankyou all for your advice.

I will check out the link and save the files in png and giff to see if it helps

I use open office whenever possible but will probably have to save it in power point. The old borland presentations software was the best of the lot though.

robz
24-07-2011, 7:08pm
You guys are magic :th3:
saving as gif made the whole process as easy as pie
The slide looks much better too.

Thanks again

Damo77
24-07-2011, 7:26pm
Yay! Glad to hear it.

robz
20-09-2011, 9:50pm
Just to let you know that the conference went well and the images looked good on the screen. (now to modify everything to improve the talk for next time... Its an ongoing process)
I also used puppet warp to create an image of some anatomy because it was easier to create the image i wanted than trying to find it.

Now that its over, I got 4 days of rest before recieving another email to help organise another conference for next year with a different group :lol2: and so it starts all over again!

Thanks again for your help.
rob