PDA

View Full Version : Slide scanners

jeffde
21-07-2011, 3:34pm
Has anybody done alot of slide scanning and converting the images to digital

not after the 1 at a time $70 job - want something thant can handle hundreds of slides.

macmich
21-07-2011, 4:20pm
i have one for sale on a well known site that starts with e and i had no probs with it i think it loads about 6 at a time
and you just push the button and there on your pc
you clean them up a bit first weith the clewaner thingo you get
but they didnt come out to bad
cheers macca

ameerat42
21-07-2011, 4:54pm
Actually, there a about N threads on this topic, where N ≥ 2 or 3 (at least, that I recall. And now I'll have to go and search for them...)
Am.
Edit: That was quick. I just put slide scanner in the search box and, (a well-known game of chance)!

Bennymiata
22-07-2011, 8:23pm
You can also make your own slide scanner that uses your DSLR and it's quick, cheap and good!

You just need something to hold the slide at the correct distance with a good backlight, find a suitable lens that will allow you to fill the frame with the slide, and focus well, then take a picture of it.

After doing a few, you'll be surprised how quickly it goes, and how good the results can be.

Scanners are OK, but they are very slow and cumbersome, to say nothing about their expense.

fabian628
23-07-2011, 12:26am
Are all the slides in the plastic holder? i have an epson v700 that does ok. It has a holder for 12 slides at a time. Takes about 1 min to scan per slide at 2400 dpi.

TOM
24-07-2011, 1:53pm
look for a scanner that can reproduce true 16bit colours if you want to get the max out of the original chrome. with scanners, the more you pay, the better the results. one option is to get a cheap scanner, and then choose only the very best of your image, and get them drum scanned or similar.