PDA

View Full Version : Maroochydore sunrise locations?

occifer nick
21-07-2011, 7:59am
Hello everyone,

Heading up to mum and dads at Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast 4-8th August and was wondering if anyone has a good sunrise location around there as I want to get my new Tokina 11-16mm and Cokin Grad out for a sunrise shoot. My first one actually so im getting excited, any bets on it will rain the whole time? lol Anyone want to come for a sunrise shoot either the Friday, Saturday or Sunday morning let me know. Would love to meet some people on here.

Regards
Nick

occifer nick
21-07-2011, 8:01am
And before anyone else says it, the title should say, "Maroochydore sunrise shoot locations" as i know that the sun rises anywhere east of maroochydore :p

terry.langham
21-07-2011, 11:06am
Lots of places to shoot in that area and further afield on the Sunny Coast. Do you have access to a car? Maybe post a thread in the QLD meetups section, given the amount of notice you will probably get quite a few to attend.

occifer nick
21-07-2011, 11:57am
Yes at that time of the morning I should have plenty of access to a car and good idea ill post in the QLD meet up section.
Thanks Terry

Avalon
31-07-2011, 5:47am
Pt Cartwright is a popular location with rocky headland providing lots of opportunities.
Better at low tide. :)

occifer nick
31-07-2011, 9:27am
Thanks Avalon,
Yes I have read that a lot of people often go there and also the wreck of the SS Dicky. So this coming weekend I might pay a visit to both, on different days of course ;)

Avalon
31-07-2011, 9:52am
I should add that it is a great location in the late afternoon too.
No sunset of course, but lovely warm light on the rocks at the end of the day, and better if you wait until the hordes have left. Enjoy!