PDA

View Full Version : curiosity killed the cat

Nikkie
18-07-2011, 3:56pm
but satisfaction brought it back. Just out of curiosity sake I am wondering how did you all get into photography. We were not born with Cameras in our hands of course but wondering was there something that got you into photography from the start maybe your mum or dad or a close relation or friend did photography and you picked it up from there. Maybe it was a subject you thought of trying at school or maybe your first time at taking photos was on your mobile phone and you and your friends / family could see you had something going. For me it was my mum that always seemed to have a camera in her hand I can remember when I was very young she had a box brownie she was not a photographer but loved taking photos especially at birthday party's and special events she gave me one of her old Cameras I guess she must have gotten a new one can't remember. I also love taking photos but it was not until I became pregnant with my daughter I thought with a baby on the way how wonderful would it be to be able to take really nice photos and not just snap shots so I looked into doing a course but could not afford it. So now there comes this time in my life when I got the itch again and thought never too old to learn I guess. Anyway would love to hear from you and your story.

ameerat42
18-07-2011, 4:08pm
When the solar system was in another part of the galaxy, I was given one of these (http://www.thecamerasite.net/05_Box_Cameras/Pages/boxit4.htm).
And I've still got it:D

Scotty72
18-07-2011, 5:46pm
Obviously, you know nothing of childbirth :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYAZF5WE8Z8&playnext=1&list=PL27FE6D8BE51B752A

Nikkie
18-07-2011, 6:15pm
oh yeah I remember seeing that ad so if that is the truth so why was I not born with a camera in my hands LoL thanks for bringing back that image for me and thanks for the laugh now time for your stroy

William
18-07-2011, 6:26pm
My Dad was into Photography, He bought me a Box Brownie during Primary school, And later he bought , But I used a Pentax spotmatic , I used to do sport shooting with it , We had it fitted with the 600mm Takumar for Surfing shots

Nikkie
18-07-2011, 6:36pm
thanks for sharing Bill I seen one of those brownies for sale on Ebay just today

William
18-07-2011, 6:39pm
:th3: Dont even tell me how Much Nikkie :rolleyes: Let alone the Takumar :eek:

Nikkie
18-07-2011, 7:39pm
that's the thing I was going to bid on right now really cheap I can send you the number in a pm if you like it was 2 one brownie and the something else can't remember now