PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Family Portraits

Tehfreak
17-07-2011, 12:38pm
I have been asked to take some casual family portraits for family. I'd like to take them outdoors to give a nice natural fell to everything.

I've never thought about taking portrait photos before so I don't have much necessary equipment. So I was thinking of getting the:

AF-S NIkon 50mm 1.8
SB-600 Speedlite

Are these two things are both good for portraiture and anything else that I might photograph in the future?

Also, any outdoor family portrait tips for a beginner?

kiwi
17-07-2011, 1:15pm
you dont need any new gear, you could do these with what you have, just find nice even lighting in shade with a dark background, a park. if you need a little extra light a reflector would be handy, could be as simple as a large piece of white card, or even a var windscreen shade

rexboggs5
29-11-2013, 5:22pm
I have been taking photos of animals, birds, landscapes, macro etc since 2005, but not too many of people. To learn more about this, I have organised for a few families to model for me. Does anyone have any suggestions about where I can find some useful tutorials or videos online that may give me some sage advice? Thanks.

Mark L
29-11-2013, 10:31pm
Wow, a July 2011 thread is revived by a first post from someone who joined in Sept. 2010.:)
Have a bit of a look in the People forums here on AP. Comment and ask how certain photos where taken that you think you may want to do.
Of cause if you posted some other photos and generally got involved a little more, people here may be more inclined to help you.;)