PDA

View Full Version : YOUR angle of view

reaction
13-07-2011, 4:36pm
So I notice my wife always walks on dog ___ or trips over things and I always see it and scream for her to stop!

I did a test, standing looking straight forwards, and put my hands out to the sides of my head and moved them forwards until I saw them in my peripheral vision.

I found I could see basically 180deg (to the sides, not up and down). So If I stood in a doorway looking straight forwards, I would be able to see the door frame around me.

My wife did the same and lost about 15deg on each side. In fact it wasn't quite the same on each side. Now I wonder if this is related to her short sightedness.

The other thing that may be related, is that I get motion sick from playing fps games. It takes me 15min or less. She doesn't.

So I was wondering, what angle of view does everyone's eyes have, is it related to short sightedness or other things, and do you get motion sick from playing fps games easily?

geoffsta
13-07-2011, 4:51pm
I am simular to you reaction, about 180 degrees. Although I do not suffer any motion sickness at all. Although I don't play FPS games anymore, I use to play for many hours without any adverse effects.
My wife has coke bottles for glasses, and has been known to have the odd fall. I've always thought it as being clumsy, but it could also be that her field of view is lost at the rim of the glasses.
I hope this helps.

Geoff

Michaela
13-07-2011, 4:59pm
Hmm, I just did a check - arms out to the sides, eyes on the computer screen in front, fingers wiggling - and I had to push my arms slightly behind me before I couldn't see my fingers moving any more.

I have glasses to correct astigmatism, though I only wear them when I'm on the computer all day at work.

No experience with FPS games, so can't comment on the motion sickness thing. :)

mechawombat
20-07-2011, 12:36pm
I have perfect vision and I have no motion sickness playing FPS (even when I have 18hr Marathon Gaming Sessions:cool:)

My wife has Kerataconis in one of her eyes and is as clumsy as hell:( and steps in crap and trips etc