PDA

View Full Version : In Perth 4-7 August

silkdiver
13-07-2011, 9:10am
Hi all, I will be in Perth for a few days 4-7 August, and would love to know some places that are good/interestring for photography, I am into sunrises & landscapes, (would love to do a sunset) and fauna/flora/macro. If anyone wants to meet up, that would be cool also. I don't think I will have time for the zoo as both imes I have been there previously, I spent the entire day :D
Any help would be appreciated. Transport at this stage would be public unless I get a hire car. I still don't know where I will be staying as it will be booked by hubby's boss.

Milbs1
13-07-2011, 2:21pm
Hi Jo. I'm sure we can sort something out :)
A sunset shoot over the ocean somewhere sounds great, depending on where you are staying this could be one of the Northern beaches (Trigg/Benion which I am still yet to do) or down South (Point Peron always has some interest). Public transport may be an issue, but we can probably work something out in regards to a lift from your hotel.

Fauna/flora/macro - well you cant go wrong with Kings Park which is easily accessible.

Let us know which evening works best for sunset for you and we'll try and get a few AP'ers out?

peterking
13-07-2011, 10:46pm
Have to agree with Shirl.
I can do after work on 5th, 6th or 7th.

silkdiver
14-07-2011, 10:26am
Sounds like a plan Shirl & Peter, as I know more I will let you know.

Cheers Jo

Ozspeed
20-07-2011, 2:45pm
Weather permitting, I would like to come out also. :)

silkdiver
20-07-2011, 3:43pm
Well, it seems I wont have as much free time as I anticipated :(
I have been given a rough itinery, so this is what I have wrangled free so far: Thursday late arvo & evening free, Friday is free all day until dinner (still waiting on the booked time for restaurant) early Sat free (at this stage) early sun free.
Apparently I will be staying in Freemantle at the Esplanade hotel.

peterking
20-07-2011, 10:10pm
I have been given a rough itinery, so this is what I have wrangled free so far: Thursday late arvo & evening free, Friday is free all day until dinner (still waiting on the booked time for restaurant) early Sat free (at this stage) early sun free.

Being picky. Fremantle :D We locals call it Freo.
You lucky sod! So many opportunities there. Just across the park is the fishing boat harbour. What a treasure. I'm thinking Little Creatures. Your Shout. Saturday Sunset 17:42. Meet about 4:30 if I can make it by then.

Ozspeed
26-07-2011, 9:46pm
Yes, the Esplanade is a nice part of Freo Silk. There are plenty of good locations in and around Freo.

peterking
27-07-2011, 10:37pm

Looking at possibilities and hopefully giving good consideration to your style.
Just out the front door of the Esplanade is a park. On the other side of the park is Fremantle's Fishing Boat Harbour. This is a very popular spot for photographers. Lots of streetscape, architecture and pano's.
I finish work well north of Freo at 5:30 so it would be 6 or just after, before I could get there.
If you want I'd be happy to meet there and show you around on Thursday 4th. Sunset is at 5:42 so I'd miss that but there should be lots of other opportunities. Unfortunately this is the only time I can make it due to my work schedule.

enduro
30-07-2011, 1:16am
I'm heading to just south of Freo with my Nature photography group on Sun morn. Happy to pick you up and drop you off. , we normally meet up by 7:30am and finish by 10am at the latest.

I have lunch so wouldn't be staying much past 9:30am.

Bring something long & something macro.

PM me for contact.

silkdiver
31-07-2011, 10:01am
Looking at possibilities and hopefully giving good consideration to your style.
Just out the front door of the Esplanade is a park. On the other side of the park is Fremantle's Fishing Boat Harbour. This is a very popular spot for photographers. Lots of streetscape, architecture and pano's.
I finish work well north of Freo at 5:30 so it would be 6 or just after, before I could get there.
If you want I'd be happy to meet there and show you around on Thursday 4th. Sunset is at 5:42 so I'd miss that but there should be lots of other opportunities. Unfortunately this is the only time I can make it due to my work schedule.

That sounds great, I can try to do a sunset over the harbour perhaps before you arrive , I will pm you you my contact.

silkdiver
31-07-2011, 10:01am
I'm heading to just south of Freo with my Nature photography group on Sun morn. Happy to pick you up and drop you off. , we normally meet up by 7:30am and finish by 10am at the latest.

I have lunch so wouldn't be staying much past 9:30am.

Bring something long & something macro.

PM me for contact.

Will pm you

silkdiver
31-07-2011, 10:27am
Shirl, at this stage it looks like I only have the Thursday night free for a sunset, (in freemantle) we don't get the time itinery until we arrive Thurday, and there are 2 dinners I "must" attend on Friday & Sat nights. I know the Friday one is in Freemantle but not what time.
I do have all day friday free and most likey most of Saturday free if anyone is not workng and wants to get together.
Maybe someone can advise me of a place where I can do a sunrise (and yes I know that it won't rise over the water in WA :D ) I will prob get a hire car for 1 day so I can zoom around and see something and of course take photos!

Milbs1
31-07-2011, 2:40pm
Hey Jo, I should be able to do a sunrise on Saturday with you. I'll come pick you up and think about a few different options!
I'll flick you a pm later....