PDA

View Full Version : Monster Croc

enVision
12-07-2011, 2:12pm
Just saw this on News.com.au

Talk about the right moment.

Click Here (http://www.news.com.au/travel/australia/m-saltwater-croc-brutus-photographed-on-adelaide-river-jumping-croc-cruises/story-e6frfq89-1226092924868)

Duane Pipe
12-07-2011, 3:26pm
What a Monster, and she has her arm hanging and torso over the side taking the shot:eek:

agb
12-07-2011, 3:35pm
Wonder how well he does now that he is a 3 legged crocodile? He obviously has done well in the past to grow to that size. I wonder if he will learn that he could lean in to the boat and grab a human or two?

enVision
12-07-2011, 3:40pm
I wonder how long it will take for the crocs to learn that humans are easier?

Bennymiata
12-07-2011, 4:26pm
I could make a few nice handbags out of him!

Duane Pipe
12-07-2011, 5:01pm
Its bloody ridicules really, imagine the outcry when it does happen,
they will take it out on the poor old Crocks, I am sure that Fishermen/women cannot attract sharks a certain distance from shore, and here they are doing this shit

dmdigital
12-07-2011, 5:32pm
The 3 legged croc has been a feature for many years. I know the Adelaide River Queen (the one in the article) is very particular about staying within the boat, so I'm not sure how the shot was taken. IMO the better cruise is their double deck boat as the crocs will come fully out of the water to reach the meat hanging off the upper deck.

Crocs learn relatively quickly. Boat ramps are a big issue when people don't think and gut fish next to the ramp or near a swimming spot. The number of crocodiles on the Adelaide and Mary rivers is substantial and cruises like the one mentioned are a very good way of learning what these reptiles are like and why you should take care in the waters up this way.

Duane Pipe
12-07-2011, 6:02pm
That's in a controlled situation DM, how about the bloke in his Kayak or the fisherman in his tinny, A Croc sees them casting a lurer and thinks its feed time
And you would have to be an idiot to stand so close to the water's edge and worse still clean you catch there...
Never been there so this is only my opinin Cheers Mate

crazymorton
12-07-2011, 9:58pm
I've done the Adelaide River cruise on the double decker, awesome stuff. didn't see one that big.

if you went anywhere fishing in a kayak in the NT you'd have to be an idiot as well!

dmdigital
12-07-2011, 10:10pm
That's in a controlled situation DM, how about the bloke in his Kayak or the fisherman in his tinny, A Croc sees them casting a lurer and thinks its feed time
And you would have to be an idiot to stand so close to the water's edge and worse still clean you catch there...
Never been there so this is only my opinin Cheers Mate
You wouldn't get me in a small tinny or kayak in any major river up here. Something is wrong if you're in a 4m tinny and there are 5.5m (or bigger) crocs in the same water.

Canon500D
14-07-2011, 10:34pm
Wowsers! not keen!