PDA

View Full Version : Simpson desert meet 2013

donnnnnny
10-07-2011, 1:48pm
I am A VET of the simpson desert having crossed her 6 times now, well 5 and 1/2 due to not getting across this year due to water laying around on the eastern side
MY PROPOASAL
2013, MAX 4 4X4 INCLUDING MY NISSAN PATROL.
SO 3 other vehicals with maybe 1 spare seat per car. ie 8 photographers in all
The trip would need to be well prepared with well maintained vehicles and equipment
The Simpson part would be 2 weeks in the desert, so you would need water food and self sufficiency.
you would need 3-4 days either side of the trip to get to the meeting place on the Western side of the desert.
we would visit Dalhousie springs and ruin, Purni bore French line Waa line Qaa line Poeppel corner etc finishing at Birdsville, BIg red etc.

feel free to express interest and we can see where it will go
cheers don

old dog
10-07-2011, 4:38pm
I`m keen Donny so pencil me in. I know it`s a realistic dream :D and one quite doable. At this stage I think I`d like to come along. Don`t know how etc, but early days eh. Love those red sand hills and would dearly love to get on one.

dieselpower
10-07-2011, 8:22pm
I'm keen! The missus will want to come but isn't into photography so she may want to go with a group that will suit her interests as well. I'll put it to her though and see what she says!

donnnnnny
11-07-2011, 7:51pm
No worrys Old dog, i ahve one fellow from redbubble very keen and a def to go, he has a 4x4

donnnnnny
11-07-2011, 7:52pm
NOi worrys DP keep in contact as there is plenty of time on this one. my reason for leaving it till 2013 is ill be in the uk next year june july
I'm keen! The missus will want to come but isn't into photography so she may want to go with a group that will suit her interests as well. I'll put it to her though and see what she says!

Boo53
15-07-2011, 12:10am
I definitely interested. Only done the crossing one properly but would love to go again, so baring unforeseen count me in. Vehicle is a patrol, selves, fridge & appropriate tyre. Would have room for at lesast 1 other, perhaps 2

donnnnnny
20-07-2011, 5:45pm
Excellent John, i have a car from Redbubble thats interested in coming too. so we are nwo getting there with partisipants