PDA

View Full Version : GHsell sell 1D Mark 3 for $405. Is it possible.

larrywen
08-07-2011, 4:10pm
I just received a request form skype and then it direct me to a website called GHSell.

It sells 1D III for only US405 (plus three lens etc).

5DII also less than US500.

Is it possible?

Anyone has purchased anything from this site?

Lance B
08-07-2011, 4:14pm
I just received a request form skype and then it direct me to a website called GHSell.

It sells 1D III for only US405 (plus three lens etc).

5DII also less than US500.

Is it possible?

Anyone has purchased anything from this site?

I would be very higly suspicious!

Tannin
08-07-2011, 4:24pm
It's a scam. Has to be - those prices are about one tenth of the going rate. Why would anyone sell that cheap? Don't even think about it.

mrDooba
08-07-2011, 6:03pm
It might be in really bad condition with a shutter that is about to fall out ;)

jim
08-07-2011, 6:10pm
If that's for real I'll buy one, and I don't even use Canon cameras.

JM Tran
08-07-2011, 6:50pm
If that's for real I'll buy one, and I don't even use Canon cameras.

way too cheap even for black market dealers and thieves, I should know - I had been offered one in China:)

andylo
12-07-2011, 10:50am
I dunno what is GHsell...

But when I was looking for a 1DIII/5DII, I have experienced a couple of scams (I didn't get suck into it thu :D)

Long story short, it would start off as some "ex-wife" trying to sell ex-hubby's left over, a 5DII or something, in some ridiculous price. They will sounds like a dump blonde (no offence to the blonde as I LOVE blonde girls :p) and not sure what they are doing.

They will lurk you into sending your $500 or something, into a 3rd party account - namely DHS/FedEx/Paypal etc.

The "process" they describe is: you put money in those "3rd party", she will post you the camera, once you are happey upon receive, then you release the money and transaction's done. All sounds fair and everything. EXCEPT non of those 3rd party do the "holding your bond money" business.

I knew it was a scam, but out of curiosity I still go thru the trouble to ring FedEx/Paypal etc to see if they do this kind of thing - obviously they don't.

And in fact the 3rd account number is the scamer's acc. number - once $$ in, they are running away laughing and disappear from the face of earth.

The thing is - we are in the age of "information technology" now. People who want to sell their crap will be easily to find out what is the going price for their items. The chance of finding stuff at "bargain price" is getting very slim - like winning Gold Lotto slim.

davearnold
13-07-2011, 2:11pm
Yes, agree, the chance of finding "bargains" is a lot harder then it used to be.

I no longer look on ebay for "bargains" , there is too many people looking on there now, and rarely do things go cheap anymore... I just use it to buy stuff from overseas, taking adavantage of our strong dollar.

If you see a price online now that appears " to good to be true" it normaly is.

pmack
16-07-2011, 12:47pm
I no longer look on ebay for "bargains" , there is too many people looking on there now, and rarely do things go cheap anymore...

yeah i find this so frustrating. I see second hand lenses etc almost always sell for the equivalent to how much you pay gray market.
I'm guessing it's because with so many people on ebay, you only need one or two interested people to not realise you can get the item cheaply brand new.

carrg1954
24-07-2011, 7:46pm
A used mk 3 is around $2k, any lens is usually 70-80% of its retail value, not RRP but D-D-P's anything less than its plain wishful thinking. Bargins do come up from time to time, but do your homework and if you have to ask, then give it a miss.

Tricky
24-07-2011, 8:38pm
yeah i find this so frustrating. I see second hand lenses etc almost always sell for the equivalent to how much you pay gray market.
I'm guessing it's because with so many people on ebay, you only need one or two interested people to not realise you can get the item cheaply brand new.

Looking at it from the bright side, you can buy a new grey market lens and be pretty confident that it will hardly have lost any value even after a couple of years use provided it's looked after carefully... makes the "upgrade-itis" disease a little less painful than it was previously... ;)

jaclarkaus
25-07-2011, 8:08am
It's a scam - they 'accept' wire transfers only (you can use your credit card to buy a wire transfer ... gee thanks)