PDA

View Full Version : Need help on MT-24EX on Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS

andylo
06-07-2011, 1:34pm
My wife finally realise the credit card transaction and I was narrowing ducking a flying digger....

Anyway, there are rumors saying I don't have to flog out another $50 for the Canon adapter to have the twin flash mounted onto the macro L lens.

Some say it's a 58-67 step up ring, some say it's a 58-67 step down ring, some say it has to be the Cokin branded A filter ring and other said otherwise!!! That's after I have spend the entire morning research and it seems everyone have an different answer, and works....

I know a few people have this combo on this board - can someone give me a definite answer on this query, please.

Thanks in advance. :D

Tannin
06-07-2011, 1:49pm
Call Stu at Quality Camera Sales (AP site advertiser). He will have the right part at your door on Friday.

Mary Anne
06-07-2011, 2:40pm
Mine is different to a step up ring its deeper in the center.

I bought my Canon 67C Macrolite Adapter in April from Adorama USA for $32 when I bought my Twin Lite Flash from them.
They are also one of the site sponsors

strictfunctor
06-07-2011, 11:24pm
I have the 100 mm macro (non L) so I don't need an adapter for that, but for my 180mm, I do. The 72C adapter does not just go from one filter thread to another, it goes from the filter thread to a threadless rim that macro-lites clamp on to and can rotate freely on, like a Cokin holder might. If there is a Cokin series that uses adapter rings of the same size, I don't know what it is, other than that it would have to be smaller than the P-series (too big), i.e. the A-series. On the net I can only find A-series adapters up to 62 mm, so I would rule that out too. I guess you have to get the 67C.

B D H
07-07-2011, 5:42pm
Andylo
I used a 67mm -58mm step down ring > an old 58mm uv filter with glass removed to act as a spacer > and the cokin 58mm A series adapter on which the M24 clamp grips onto,
this A series adapter has a definite groove in which the M24 locates very nicely

Works very well on the 100mm IS macro & if I want I have another step down ring which allows it ti be used on my Tamron 180mm macro also

If I'm allowed to mention, I found Vanbar to be a good source for these bits & pieces
hope this helps

Bryan

andylo
08-07-2011, 8:41am
Thanks for your replies :)

hmm... looks like a little more difficult than I anticipate if I don't use the Canon parts.... I will have a look of the step down + filter option.