PDA

View Full Version : holga lens fore canon

canonboy
03-07-2011, 10:45pm
Hi guys , I have just seen a holga lens on ebay that fits a canon with a canon mount[but no contacts or focus ] for approx $20.00- has anyone got one of these or heard anything about them?
Canonboy

Tannin
03-07-2011, 10:51pm
Errr... what would be the point?

andylo
04-07-2011, 1:29pm
Toy camera/pin hold camera effect. Plus you can use the creative filter produced by Holga.

There are other alternatives to create the effect....
i.e.
http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/article_pages/Canon_1ds_pinhole.html

And for the Holga filters, there nothing cannot be done in Photoshop.

Having say that - if you buy the Holga stuff from ebay etc, it really isn't that expensive. And if you are into those Lomo style photos/low key photos, it's quite handy and very minimal work in post process... if any.

Ms Monny
04-07-2011, 1:38pm
I've got a Holga camera that I use and I love the low-key, lomo style photos. If you can afford to part with the small amount of money, then go for it. Nothing to lose but $20!! You never know, you may just end up creating some amazing wild images :D

andylo
04-07-2011, 1:50pm
1 word of advise thu - avoid to use the Holga lens in a dirty, dusty area where wind's blowing hard! The lens has no glass elements, just a hole! Which means anything floating in the air have a good chance to get onto your sensor thru the tiny, tiny little hole.

canonboy
04-07-2011, 10:44pm
Thanks for your replies, I'm not one to use photoshop too much, so any in camera stuff I can do is a bonus in my opinion.
As Ms Monny says it is only $20 !!!! If I get it , I will post some pics .
Thanks again.
Canonboy.:D