PDA

View Full Version : Oh my, the things you find with new insite!

Wirginia
03-07-2011, 3:55pm
I've been slowly going through the New to photography thread, mainly focusing on the different buttons & settings on my camera. With the manual out and fiddling around, I've discovered, finally, what the A-DEP button is at last ROFL. And how to get my camera off ISO 100 and onto ISO 200. I'm about to go sit on the front porch and try taking shots of the cars zooming by, we live on a busy side road off Sunnyholt, that'll be interesting and good practice.

I have a weekend with hubby away next weekend, so I think I'll plan a nice drive to take some photos. Not sure whether to go up into the Blue Mountains, or head south towards Cronulla, we shall see how the weather pans out towards the end of the week. Though, I'm waiting for my father to return from the UK and he's not far from Catherine Hill Bay on the central coast, that may be a nice drive too. Decisions, decisions!

Virginia

jazzyjane1970
03-07-2011, 6:16pm
Well done for moving slowly and the learning! I'm yet to get there, but I'm sure I will! Have fun on your trip - look forward to seeing some great pics!

Nikkie
03-07-2011, 6:33pm
yes I agree I felt a little pushed off auto when I only had my camera for a week or so another forum made me feel like I was committing a crime by using Manual and in turn I went to manual way too early then I found AP never went back again there CC was rude cruel and a big joke I was really just looking for advice and help wont go back now but do wish I hadve statyed on auto a tad longer but I just keep trying and never give up all the people are so friendly kind and helpful so good for you for taking it slow :th3:

ricstew
03-07-2011, 9:53pm
One thing I love about digital stuff is you cant blow it up! No matter how many dials I turn, knobs I fiddle with or buttons I push I know that I cant blow it up.......it will not explode because I am experimenting :) I can always hit the reset button and start again :)

Wirginia
04-07-2011, 7:50am
Yep, love the reset button and I always can go back to full auto too. Sometimes you just want to snap away.

I took some photos looking up our back yard of the big gum trees over the back of us. The sun was going very west so I clicked at some different 'fstops'? Interesting. I'll get them onto my photobucket account after work today and share with you, nothing fab but interesting the different amounts of light let in. The photos I took of the cars zooming by I'm not happy with at all, they've been deleted already LOL.

Have a good day everyone.
Virginia

Wirginia
26-07-2011, 5:15pm
Sorry I've not been back on for so long, I've had a lot going on around here. Plus just got back from a 4 day retreat in the Hunter Valley (scrapbooking/paperarts). The lead up to it was hectic as. The weather was awful so I wasn't about to take my camera out in the rain. We were having too much fun to remember to take photos anyway. LOL. Okay, over to photobucket to uploads those sunset photos right NOW! :D

Virginia