PDA

View Full Version : Foto Riesel SMH 1440 photo challenge Saturday 16 July

raccoon
30-06-2011, 8:46am
I assume i am ok to mention this on the site..
Foto Riesel and the SMH are holding a rally on Saturday16 July where you pretend you are a staff photographer for the day..
You are given a brief and then have to go and shoot the brief..

Here is the link to the site http://www.fotoriesel.com.au/

Lyn and i have booked in, hope to see you there..

I @ M
30-06-2011, 10:58am
Quite frankly I think that this is one of the poorest "competitions" that I have seen on the web in a while.

As I see it --

# It will cost you $15.00 to enter.
# You MUST support facebook by uploading your image to a facebook page.
# According to their terms and conditions, merely as an entrant, you are giving away your entry to be used by Foto Riesel, Fairfax Media, State Library of NSW and Canon in anyway they want for as long as they want for their own promotion.
# The mention of prizes is pretty scant but it seems that you MAY win the thrill of having your image published or you MAY win a camera kit.

I would definitely save my time and $15.00 for something useful. I am afraid I am not into paying money so that camera shops, media moguls and state government institutions can have any image I take.

MarkChap
30-06-2011, 11:10am
yeah looks like just another photo grab dressed up as a "competition"

It would cost a small fortune for them to commission photographers to take all the images they are going to get, and the photographers are going to PAY THEM for the privelidge

Longshots
30-06-2011, 1:50pm
nope its all ok - they've assured me that theyre changing them following a quick chat I had with them.

kiwi
30-06-2011, 2:35pm
Interesting concept, a bit like this one here too

http://www.wired.com/rawfile/2011/06/assignment-wired/

raccoon
30-06-2011, 2:49pm
Well i understand your feelings, but to me it is just a fun day out that i can combine with some photography

gerry
09-07-2011, 9:09pm
nope its all ok - they've assured me that theyre changing them following a quick chat I had with them.

so what exactly have they changed in their terms?