PDA

View Full Version : Expressions of interest for July 9 or 10?

Boofhead
28-06-2011, 9:57pm
I haven't been on a meet for a while and after Kassy's suggestion thought we might be overdue for a get together SE Qld style! The proposed dates are Saturday 9th or Sunday 10th of July.

I promised myself a return battle at Fingal headland after my last attempt but would be just as happy at Currumbin or Duranbah or any other suggestions?

Quite a few people I would like to catch up with and would also like to put faces to names of anyone I haven't met yet.

Thinking a BBQ breakfast with hot coffee and a chat afterwards if anyone is keen.

Post interest and ideas here! :)

gabby
29-06-2011, 10:16am
Sounds good to me- either day would be fine! Gail

Boofhead
29-06-2011, 10:39am
Sounds good to me- either day would be fine! Gail

Looking forward to it Gail, will post more details as they get finalised.

larrywen
29-06-2011, 1:12pm
I am interested in this. Looking for more details.

Boofhead
29-06-2011, 1:46pm
Thanks Larry, I will give it a couple of days to see everyones preferences and then will firm up the plans. Watch this space! :)

41jas
29-06-2011, 8:05pm
I'll be going to the Medieval at the Abby on Saturday, I can make it Sunday.

Boofhead
29-06-2011, 8:27pm
I'll be going to the Medieval at the Abby on Saturday, I can make it Sunday.

Looks like we know which day then! Be good to catch up Julie-Anne, it has been a while!

Sunday 10th July.

Ok, so does anybody have preferences for a location?

:)

ksolomon
29-06-2011, 9:06pm
I'm in for Sunday 10th and personally never photographed at Fingal so I put my hand and a vote for there.:)

dbax
29-06-2011, 10:12pm
Ok I'm watching, depends on rosters at work so I'm a maybe ?

colinbm
29-06-2011, 10:20pm
I could be tempted :eek:
Gunna be early & freeeeeeeeezing :o
How biga beach bonfire are allowed :confused013
Col

William
30-06-2011, 8:19am
I'm interested as well, Will be interesting to see everybody hanging off the Cliff face at Fingal :eek: :D, So far Sunday 10th is OK , Vertigo Warning ;)- Cheers Bill

41jas
30-06-2011, 8:24am
Vertigo warning...Is it that bad. I'll just head down to meet you all again..Heehee

William
30-06-2011, 8:30am
Vertigo warning...Is it that bad. I'll just head down to meet you all again..Heehee

:D Not if you don't go to close to the 100ft drop off the edge of the unfenced cliff face, Anyway in the darkness you dont see it Jules :rolleyes:, Nah, On the top of the Headland there is plenty of stuff to shoot, The Lighthouse , Pandanus Palms etc , Great views :)

41jas
30-06-2011, 8:31am
Ok I'm watching, depends on rosters at work so I'm a maybe ?

Aww Dave...chuck a sicky...PLEASEEEEEE!!!

41jas
30-06-2011, 8:32am
Because I haven't been the Fingal head. and I'm not sure where you meet can you throw upa google map? Ta guys. ;)

41jas
30-06-2011, 8:34am
:D Not if you don't go to close to the 100ft drop off the edge of the unfenced cliff face, Anyway in the darkness you dont see it Jules :rolleyes:, Nah, On the top of the Headland there is plenty of stuff to shoot, The Lighthouse , Pandanus Palms etc , Great views :)

See what it's like. Just being there for the BBQ breaky and catching up will be worth the trip down you see you all again. :D

41jas
30-06-2011, 8:36am
Yeah Andrew, I got my lens back ..."FINALLY" yesterday. Works a dream now. $594.00 later...poorer.

ksolomon
30-06-2011, 8:36am
I'm interested as well, Will be interesting to see everybody hanging off the Cliff face at Fingal :eek: :D, So far Sunday 10th is OK , Vertigo Warning ;)- Cheers Bill

Hanging off a Cliff face Bill :eek: I can hardly handle my camera equipment as it is, this will be very interesting, I am off now to buy a floodlight and renew my life insurance :lol:

41jas
30-06-2011, 8:39am
Hanging off a Cliff face Bill :eek: I can hardly handle my camera equipment as it is, this will be very interesting, I am off now to buy a floodlight and renew my life insurance :lol:

I'm blind at night and I'll need a floodlight as well so can you pick up two...:lol:

ksolomon
30-06-2011, 8:46am
I'm blind at night and I'll need a floodlight as well so can you pick up two...:lol:

No problems Julie-Anne, will do - looking forward to meeting you at this meet :)

William
30-06-2011, 8:47am
Here's something about the Lighthouse , The Island off the Coast is Called Cook Is,

http://www.lighthouse.net.au/lights/nsw/Fingal%20Head/Fingal%20Head.htm

PS : Sorry , The lighthouse is 24mtrs off the water

dbax
30-06-2011, 9:21am
Looks like I'll probably have work Saturday night, so I should be able to get to this :D:D

Boofhead
30-06-2011, 12:32pm
Gees, don't get online for a couple of hours and it all happens! :lol:

Another great SE Qld meet up is forming and details are firming:

When: Sunday 10th July
Where: Fingal Headland
Time: TBA but around 5:30am

Does anyone know if there are BBQ facilities or a suitable place to eat close by?

I will bring my portable BBQ and frypan and everyone is free to use it.

I haven't worked out how to post maps onto AP yet so if somebody could do me the favour of posting the map?

I love it when a plan comes together.

William
30-06-2011, 12:51pm
Quote Andrew : Does anyone know if there are BBQ facilities or a suitable place to eat close by?

Down by the River just as you drive into Fingal, There's a little Boat harbour thingy with a shelter and BBQ :th3:

yummymummy
30-06-2011, 1:10pm
Sorry guys :( wish I'd seen this one sooner.. got my little boys 5th bday party on saturday :party5: and allllll day at QLD raceway on Sunday with the motorbikes again..

William
30-06-2011, 1:22pm
This map may help to get to Fingal

http://www.whereis.com/nsw/fingal-head#session=MTE=

Analog6
30-06-2011, 1:24pm
Fingal on a Sunday sounds good to me. I'll poke my lens up for pre-dawn then sunrise shoot and brekkie afterwards. If we get up to the lighthouse early enough there might be star trail opps too.

For dawn shooting at the lighthouse, meetup would be at the end of Lighthouse Parade, where there is a parking area. It's about a 10 minute walk out and there are some stairs. From there we can go down to either of the beaches, or back to the cars and move them up to the parking area where the BBQs are, near the surf club (see map below).

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d197/Analog6/MISCELLANEOUS/fingalmap.jpg

Boofhead
30-06-2011, 1:41pm
Thanks Bill and Odille, I will have to work out how to post maps one day :o

in2fx
30-06-2011, 3:58pm
I'm interested.... I've never been there either and i enjoyed my last trip to the beach :D

Boofhead
30-06-2011, 4:11pm
I'm interested.... I've never been there either and i enjoyed my last trip to the beach :D

A trip to the beach is always fun, be good to see you. :th3:

Analog6
30-06-2011, 6:36pm
Thanks Bill and Odille, I will have to work out how to post maps one day :o

Mine's a cheat =- screen dump off Google earth

in2fx
30-06-2011, 7:54pm
A trip to the beach is always fun, be good to see you. :th3:

thanks Andrew, it'll be good to catch up again :th3:

dbax
30-06-2011, 7:59pm
My source say Sunrise at 6 37 am so 5 30 looks about right if we hot foot it from the car park. High tide is about 9 20am ( thats a rubbery figure at the moment).

Boofhead
30-06-2011, 8:07pm
My source say Sunrise at 6 37 am so 5 30 looks about right if we hot foot it from the car park. High tide is about 9 20am ( thats a rubbery figure at the moment).

Thanks David, looks like 5:30 might be touch and go. Probably need to be leaving the carpark at 5:30 to make sure we are set up in time. First light is quite a bit earlier, maybe a 5:20 arrival to start walking at 5:30?

colinbm
30-06-2011, 9:52pm

Vertigo, no problems. My problem is getting up from horizontal, from under a doona at 3am :eek:
Col

ksolomon
30-06-2011, 9:54pm
Vertigo, no problems. My problem is getting up from horizontal, from under a doona at 3am :eek:
Col

I guess you will just have to bring your doona with you, then technically you will still be under it :lol:

colinbm
01-07-2011, 12:46am
I guess you will just have to bring your doona with you, then technically you will still be under it :lol:

I will ! :o
Col

Analog6
01-07-2011, 5:11am
Thanks David, looks like 5:30 might be touch and go. Probably need to be leaving the carpark at 5:30 to make sure we are set up in time. First light is quite a bit earlier, maybe a 5:20 arrival to start walking at 5:30?

I'll be setting off between 4.30 & 5, because (a) I am slow and (b) I find those dawn indicators are always a bit too late for me, you often miss the best stuff.

Reminder to self: Bring torch!

Debom
01-07-2011, 2:04pm
whoo hoo finally one that I can make it too as well, sunday is great for me, never been there before so thank you for the maps...see you all there... :D

William
01-07-2011, 3:27pm
OK, I'm in if Andrew can pick me up, I like his Air-Con :D, Better start making a list of who's coming so we know who to look out for Andrew, And a contact Mobile number for the lost ones ;)

Boofhead
01-07-2011, 5:12pm
No problems Bill, I will have it warmed up by the time I pick you up :).

Ok, details so far. Please add to the list as you see fit:

Time: Sunday July 10 at 5:20am
Place: Parking at the end of Lighthouse Parade, Fingal, NSW
Activities: Photography followed by a BBQ breakfast at nearby park
Bring: Camera, tripod, filters if you have them, a memory card with sufficient space, a charged battery, a microfibre lens cloth, remote shutter release if you have one, breakfast ingredients

Attendees

Confirmed:

Boofhead (Andrew) 0433510574
William (Bill)
Gabby (Gail)
41Jas (Julie-Anne)
ksolomon (Kassy)
Analog6 (Odille)
Debom (Deb?)

Interested

Dbax (David)
in2fx (Steve)
colinbm (Col)

ksolomon
01-07-2011, 5:36pm
No problems Bill, I will have it warmed up by the time I pick you up :).

Bring: Camera, tripod, filters if you have them, a memory card with sufficient space, a charged battery, a microfibre lens cloth, remote shutter release if you have one, breakfast ingredients

Attendees

Confirmed:

William (Bill)
Gabby (Gail)
41Jas (Julie-Anne)
ksolomon (Kassy) 0421 279213
Analog6 (Odille)
Debom (Deb?)
CherylA (Cheryl)

Interested

Dbax (David)
in2fx (Steve)
colinbm (Col)

William
01-07-2011, 6:07pm
Come on guys , There is Andrew and myself and 6 Women !! :th3::D ;)

Boofhead
01-07-2011, 6:10pm

:lol::lol::lol: stay close Bill, there is safety in numbers!

colinbm
01-07-2011, 6:32pm

& hopefully me with a doona :rolleyes:
Col

in2fx
01-07-2011, 7:14pm

:lol::lol::lol: stay close Bill, there is safety in numbers!

I'll give you some back up guys

Attendees

Confirmed:

William (Bill)
Gabby (Gail)
41Jas (Julie-Anne)
ksolomon (Kassy)
Analog6 (Odille)
Debom (Deb?)
in2fx (Steve)

Interested

Dbax (David)
colinbm (Col)

Boofhead
01-07-2011, 9:15pm

Attendees

Confirmed:

William (Bill)
Gabby (Gail)
41Jas (Julie-Anne)
Analog6 (Odille)
Debom (Deb?)
CherylA (Cheryl)
in2fx (Steve)

Interested

Dbax (David)
colinbm (Col)

davearnold
01-07-2011, 11:32pm
We were at Fingal Head a few months back, the best place to get the sunrise is on the rock ledge going down to the water so you can get the rock island in frame, but you would only get about 3 tripods in there at most, no where else will really give you that view/shot (Kane did a good photo (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kanegledhill/5605533950/in/photostream) recently)

A nice area, and we will definately go back sometime, but have committed to both days at the Medieval Festival.

Cheers Dave

Boofhead
02-07-2011, 4:26am
Thanks Dave, I shall keep my running shoes on to get there first! :) Good luck with the Medieval festival :th3:

gabby
02-07-2011, 10:49am
Count me in for Sunday as well- although I'll have to check out the paths to the lighthouse beforehand I think as I haven't been to that part of Fingle for years.

William
02-07-2011, 11:24am
Good one Gabby, Will be nice to meet you , Glad you can make it - Bill :th3:

Boofhead
02-07-2011, 3:33pm
Great news Gabby, looking forward to seeing you there!

Attendees

Confirmed:

William (Bill)
Gabby (Gail)
41Jas (Julie-Anne)
Analog6 (Odille)
Debom (Deb?)
CherylA (Cheryl)
in2fx (Steve)
gabby

Interested

Dbax (David)
colinbm (Col)

dulvariprestige
02-07-2011, 8:30pm
Hey guys, count me in, it'd be good to catch up again.

Boofhead
02-07-2011, 9:02pm
Hey guys, count me in, it'd be good to catch up again.

Great to hear Jayde, been a while! :) Are you still shooting with the 7D?

Attendees

Confirmed:

William (Bill)
Gabby (Gail)
41Jas (Julie-Anne)
Analog6 (Odille)
Debom (Deb?)
CherylA (Cheryl)
in2fx (Steve)
dulvariprestige (Jayde)

Interested

Dbax (David)
colinbm (Col)

41jas
02-07-2011, 9:35pm
Did someone say more girls...I remember for a long time it was just me at all the meets. So glad some girls have come on board. But then again...Do I have to share? :lol: ;)

dulvariprestige
02-07-2011, 11:06pm
^^ LOL

Yeah Andrew, still with the 7d.

Cheryl A
02-07-2011, 11:19pm
Does the Surf Club serve up breakfast? Would be nice and warm inside after a few hours in the dark and cold :)

pjs2
03-07-2011, 7:23pm
A hot tip for this shoot if you hear a train comimg keep looking out to sea. I was standing about 2 mtrs from the cliff face enjoying the view when I was buzzed by two F1 11 type planes going by at eye level. I could see the pilot he was that close. I was told that they used to try and fly under the radar for training purposes and they had to stay low due to the airport . I think I'll try and make it to this one.

Boofhead
04-07-2011, 4:12pm
Hi Peter, hopefully we might be so lucky! Would be good to see you there. :th3:

Attendees

Confirmed:

William (Bill)
Gabby (Gail)
41Jas (Julie-Anne)
Analog6 (Odille)
Debom (Deb?)
CherylA (Cheryl)
in2fx (Steve)
dulvariprestige (Jayde)

Interested

Dbax (David)
colinbm (Col)
pjs2 (Peter)

andylo
05-07-2011, 11:22am
interested + 1 - just not sure if missus will sign the release paper for the day....

Interested

Dbax (David)
colinbm (Col)
pjs2 (Peter)
andylo (Andy)

dbax
05-07-2011, 11:34am
mm this is looking better by the day, looks like my Saturday night shift isn't happening so I'll be fresh and rested.............. as best one could be at 5 20 am on a Sunday morning :eek:
Oh FYI the Coolangatta weather station is forecasting a low of 4 deg and high of 20 for Sunday, might be wise to bring a beanie :D:D

Boofhead
05-07-2011, 2:06pm
It would be good to see you again Andy, hope you get the papers signed. :)

Great news David, thanks for the temperature update bbbrrrrrr :D. I am just off to find my beanie now, picked a great week to clip all my hair off :p!

Attendees

Confirmed:

William (Bill)
Gabby (Gail)
41Jas (Julie-Anne)
Analog6 (Odille)
Debom (Deb?)
CherylA (Cheryl)
in2fx (Steve)
dulvariprestige (Jayde)

Interested

Dbax (David)
colinbm (Col)
pjs2 (Peter)
andylo (Andy)

larrywen
06-07-2011, 1:02pm
Thank you Boofhead (Andrew) for this event. I'd like to join in as well.

Boofhead
06-07-2011, 3:21pm
Be great to have you along Larry. Getting some good numbers now! :)

Attendees

Confirmed:

William (Bill)
Gabby (Gail)
41Jas (Julie-Anne)
Analog6 (Odille)
Debom (Deb?)
CherylA (Cheryl)
in2fx (Steve)
dulvariprestige (Jayde)
larrywen (Larry?)

Interested

Dbax (David)
colinbm (Col)
pjs2 (Peter)
andylo (Andy)

reflect
06-07-2011, 3:27pm
Bugga....I would have like to have met you lot now that we have moved to the Gold Coast, however work beckons, so maybe next time

Boofhead
06-07-2011, 4:09pm
You can count on a next time Andrew, look forward to it! :th3:

41jas
06-07-2011, 4:32pm
yeah we have plenty so when summer comes, there should be more.
Looking forward to this...Mainly the breaky and socializing......who would have guessed I like doing that? LOL

Boofhead
06-07-2011, 6:17pm
You like to socialize Julie-Anne? I always thought you were a bit of a wall flower :lol::lol::lol:.

Looking forward to this meet up as well, it has been too long between drinks :beer_mug:

William
06-07-2011, 6:31pm
Seeing I'm not driving , I might take a Hip Flask, Irish Coffee anyone :D

Boofhead
06-07-2011, 6:55pm
I'll get the auto pilot installed. Surely it would only be for medicinal purposes? :th3:

AnnieP
06-07-2011, 10:07pm
i'd be interested in coming - but have to be at work in Helensvale by 10.30am Sunday - would it be worth me coming???

Boofhead
06-07-2011, 10:24pm
Hi Annie, definitely worth coming. I reckon you could just about fit a bacon and egg sandwich in before you had to leave, if you can go straight to work :rolleyes:. The photos will be all taken by 7:00am, plenty of time to get back to work :) :th3:

colinbm
06-07-2011, 10:28pm
Sorry everyone but I have to bow out of this one :o
The electric cord from my doona doesn't reach this far, I measured it today & it is just too short :eek:
Perhaps in summer the heat will expand the copper enough to reach perhaps Burleigh Heads :th3:
So until then I remain the 'unknown' :rolleyes:
But you guys & gals have a great time, you'll be in my dreams ;)
Col

Boofhead
06-07-2011, 10:31pm
Sorry to hear that Col, I can bring a generator? :)

dbax
06-07-2011, 10:59pm
If the phone doesn't ring between now and then I'll be a definite, if I get up when the alarm rings, but knowing that JA's got a BIG hug for me will be the decisive issue ? ;)

ksolomon
07-07-2011, 7:05am
i'd be interested in coming - but have to be at work in Helensvale by 10.30am Sunday - would it be worth me coming???

Yes Annie it is worth coming. As Boofhead said photos will be taken by 7 then we can do breakfast and socialize. We are actually heading to Noosa after the shoot so we will have to leave by about 9 as well. Hope you can make it look forward to meeting you:)

in2fx
07-07-2011, 7:32am
My plans for Saturday night have changed and I would not be able to get out of bed in time for the drive over the border so will unfortunately have to pull out of this sunrise.
I look forward to the next one down your way Andrew and William

Boofhead
07-07-2011, 9:28am
Sorry to hear that Steve, hope you have a good night!

Attendees

Confirmed:

William (Bill)
Gabby (Gail)
41Jas (Julie-Anne)
Analog6 (Odille)
Debom (Deb?)
CherylA (Cheryl)
dulvariprestige (Jayde)
larrywen (Larry?)

Interested

Dbax (David)
pjs2 (Peter)
andylo (Andy)
AnnieP (Annie)

dbax
07-07-2011, 6:24pm
If the phone doesn't ring between now and then I'll be a definite, if I get up when the alarm rings, but knowing that JA's got a BIG hug for me will be the decisive issue ? ;)

And guess what.............. the phone rang :(, luckily I was able to find someone to cover that shift finishing at 1230am Sunday morning. So Looks like I'm in :D:D:D:D

AnnieP
07-07-2011, 6:55pm
Ok - I will try to come... I just love my bed / sleep and HATE Cold!!! So......

41jas
07-07-2011, 7:07pm
Seeing I'm not driving , I might take a Hip Flask, Irish Coffee anyone :D

Irish coffee on the rocks ;).... :lol:

41jas
07-07-2011, 7:09pm

TOO RIGHT. Don't answer your phone. okayyyyy! :)

41jas
07-07-2011, 7:10pm
My plans for Saturday night have changed and I would not be able to get out of bed in time for the drive over the border so will unfortunately have to pull out of this sunrise.
I look forward to the next one down your way Andrew and William

Andrew, what, sorry to hear.....More like chicken....:lol:

David
08-07-2011, 12:08am
I remember talkin to Willy (William) about doing Fingal early on this year...July now and COLD COLD COLD this weekend....2 hour drive on Sunday morning: shoulder still ify following surgery...hate the cold and probably would need help carrying my tripod and havent taken one photograph for ...months now.. so am very rust..so ....eyah IM IN. :) Will be nice to catch up with some good people and have a nag over a snag anyway.. count me in (just have to tell Raeann now ). See you guys there.

Boofhead
08-07-2011, 5:18am
Great news David, let me know what you want me to carry! :) :th3:

Analog6
08-07-2011, 5:32am
I remember talkin to Willy (William) about doing Fingal early on this year...July now and COLD COLD COLD this weekend....2 hour drive on Sunday morning: shoulder still ify following surgery...hate the cold and probably would need help carrying my tripod and havent taken one photograph for ...months now.. so am very rust..so ....eyah IM IN. :) Will be nice to catch up with some good people and have a nag over a snag anyway.. count me in (just have to tell Raeann now ). See you guys there.

It will be good to see you David - I've missed you on the forum.

Boofhead
08-07-2011, 7:30am

Attendees

Confirmed:

William (Bill)
Gabby (Gail)
41Jas (Julie-Anne)
Analog6 (Odille)
Debom (Deb?)
CherylA (Cheryl)
dulvariprestige (Jayde)
larrywen (Larry?)
Dbax (David)
David (David)

Interested

pjs2 (Peter)
andylo (Andy)
AnnieP (Annie)

41jas
08-07-2011, 7:58am
Yayy David's coming. I better tell your BF :lol:

reflect
08-07-2011, 10:10am
Irish coffee on the rocks ;).... :lol:

Okay...so now this has sunk to the level of teasing those who cant make it.......Double Bugga !!:sad68:

Debom
08-07-2011, 2:09pm
so what does everyone bring for their brekky usually?

ksolomon
08-07-2011, 2:11pm
so what does everyone bring for their brekky usually?

I was going to post a similar question, are we just covering ourselves for brekky or enough for all, either way I don't really mind just need to shop tomorrow :)

Analog6
08-07-2011, 3:28pm
Just bring your own. Bacon & egg & juice or whatever, the park BBQs are those electric ones I think. I am bringing my little gas camping stove. Don't forget a plate, cutlery if you need it and sauce if ti takes your fancy. And a thermos of tea or coffee.

dbax
09-07-2011, 3:02pm
Battery charging, CF card cleared and formatted, filters cleaned,
now the hard part ......getting up when the alarm goes off !!!

William
09-07-2011, 3:07pm
i went out this morning , still got to charge battries, And clean filters , Man it was cold :eek: I had shorts and thongs on as usual , That was OK I did'nt feel my feet after 10mins , They were in pain !! There was light on the Horizon at 5.30 , Not a cloud in the sky :( Looking forward to tomorrow , My son Joel may come along as well , BTW David , it was Rod with the dots that dragged me out this morning ;)

dbax
09-07-2011, 4:06pm
yeah Bill I think its going to be clear skies for tomorrow as well. Jeans and boots might be the go!
I nipped out to Fingal during the week for a recce , the old lighthouse has a fresh coat of paint, and some of those Pandanus trees between the lighthouse and the cliff have grown since my last visit. I'm thinking I might start down on the beach?
How is Rod..... , I saw that he's been on the road, Bathurst, Parkes, Temora, he sure gets around.

William
09-07-2011, 4:16pm
Same old Rod, He headed back to Oakey this morning after the shoot , It's only 300km , Yep , Rug up , I'm heading off with Andrew at 4.45am , See you down there - Bill :)

Analog6
09-07-2011, 4:39pm
yeah Bill I think its going to be clear skies for tomorrow as well. Jeans and boots might be the go!
I nipped out to Fingal during the week for a recce , the old lighthouse has a fresh coat of paint, and some of those Pandanus trees between the lighthouse and the cliff have grown since my last visit. I'm thinking I might start down on the beach?
How is Rod..... , I saw that he's been on the road, Bathurst, Parkes, Temora, he sure gets around.

I went out with gabby and we had a recce too David, those palms have really grown up. Will the tide be too high to get out to the Giant's causeway? High tide is 0314 and low 0926.

William
09-07-2011, 5:06pm
Quote Odille. : Will the tide be too high to get out to the Giant's causeway? High tide is 0314 and low 0926

So It's about half tide going out , Something I've never done Odille, I've seen the Fishermen do it , No hesitation !! It would be a great spot for some shots, If you do it , I will :D

colinbm
09-07-2011, 5:45pm
Then you will have everyone doing it :lol:
Col

dulvariprestige
09-07-2011, 5:52pm
Yeah it was cold this morning Bill, the tweed river even had steam coming off it.

Debom
09-07-2011, 5:53pm
ok brekky is sorted, batteries are charged, card is formatted, now just need to get up and ready to leave at 4am....:o

AnnieP
09-07-2011, 6:29pm
I am going to pass on tomorrow as I am a wimp and really hate being cold!! Have a great time everyone - looking forward to seeing the photos.

41jas
09-07-2011, 7:16pm
We had a big day at the Abbey today. Lots of sun and now I'm feeling it. Red face and I don't know if it was from sun or wind...probably both. An early night for us. If I don't get down to the place where you guys are going I might shoot from the lighthouse....maybe??? But the social breaky is what I'm looking for. ;)

41jas
09-07-2011, 7:29pm
everything is all ready just to throw together in the morning. We will be leaving about 4am here as well. Sorry you won't be there Annie but I reckon we are NUTS...your the sensible one, staying in where it's warm.....but you will miss out of good company. I hope to see you another time. A great bunch of guys down that way.

AnnieP
09-07-2011, 9:13pm
everything is all ready just to throw together in the morning. We will be leaving about 4am here as well. Sorry you won't be there Annie but I reckon we are NUTS...your the sensible one, staying in where it's warm.....but you will miss out of good company. I hope to see you another time. A great bunch of guys down that way.

I am torn Jas.... but I know there will be another time! Have fun.

Analog6
10-07-2011, 11:09am
We had a great meetup - my 2.4Gb (!!) of images are still downloading. Coming soon . . .

dulvariprestige
10-07-2011, 11:38am
Yep, it's was nice see some familiar faces and to meet some new one's too.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6125/5920016841_879165ca2d_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dulvariprestige/5920016841/)
Fingal sunrise HDR (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dulvariprestige/5920016841/) by dulvariprestige (http://www.flickr.com/people/dulvariprestige/), on Flickr
/]dulvariprestige[/url], on Flickr

41jas
10-07-2011, 11:39am
Far out Jayde, that's awesome.

colinbm
10-07-2011, 11:54am
Jayde this is one great poster :th3:
This is wall art, worth a million.
Col

Boofhead
10-07-2011, 12:04pm
Well done Jayde, beautiful colours! :th3:

gabby
10-07-2011, 12:12pm
Thanks for organizing this, Andrew- very enjoyable mornng! It was great meeting everybody. I can't wait for the next one with my new 7D:D

Boofhead
10-07-2011, 12:16pm
A pleasure Gabby, great to meet you! Look forward to seeing the results from the 7D! :th3:

William
10-07-2011, 12:20pm
:( I'm mouring the death of the 24-105 :eek:, Cleaned the contacts to no avail :( , Still was a great morning , And a pleasure to meet everyone again , We should do it more often, Where do you want me to put the mug shot , I'll procees it real quickly , Sorry girls no soft focus :p

Boofhead
10-07-2011, 12:24pm
Sorry the 24-105 has not sprung back to life Bill :( How about you start a thread where we all post our best shots? :cool:

William
10-07-2011, 12:41pm
What thread Landscapes I guess, I have;nt processed any yet

But here's the Members Mug shot , I'll put it the other Members Mug shot forum shortly

"The Fingal Members Crew"

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6122/5920177215_9f30a73c7f_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/57507865@N06/5920177215/)

What a fine looking Bunch :D :th3:

Well it still works @24mm

colinbm
10-07-2011, 1:16pm
Left to Right Please.
Col

41jas
10-07-2011, 1:20pm
Left to Right Please.
Col

I have added all the names in the mugshot section where the photo is added for AP to see. HERE (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?87437-quot-AP-Members-Fingal-Meet-quot&p=878021#post878021)

41jas
10-07-2011, 2:03pm
HERE (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?87441-Fingal-Head-AP-meetup-10-7-11&p=878040#post878040) is where I have added some of my shots from this meetup this morning.

colinbm
10-07-2011, 2:30pm
Col

dbax
10-07-2011, 3:08pm
and a great spot for the BBQ breakfast as well, coffee and egg and bacon sandwiches yummmmm

41jas
10-07-2011, 4:17pm
Annie, I wish you were there. :(

larrywen
10-07-2011, 4:29pm
:( I'm mouring the death of the 24-105 :eek:, Cleaned the contacts to no avail :( , Still was a great morning , And a pleasure to meet everyone again , We should do it more often, Where do you want me to put the mug shot , I'll procees it real quickly , Sorry girls no soft focus :p

Nice to see you again Bill. sorry to know the death of your 24-105. Hope it can be fixed. Or, look at the positive side. It gives you a perfect execuse to get a ever better lens :)

larrywen
10-07-2011, 4:32pm
Yep, it's was nice see some familiar faces and to meet some new one's too.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6125/5920016841_879165ca2d_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dulvariprestige/5920016841/)
Fingal sunrise HDR (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dulvariprestige/5920016841/) by dulvariprestige (http://www.flickr.com/people/dulvariprestige/), on Flickr
/]dulvariprestige[/url], on Flickr

It's a great shot. Nice color and composition.

dulvariprestige
10-07-2011, 4:39pm
Thanks for the kind words guys, I'm actually pretty pleased with what I managed to get, I might have to put it over in the thread Julie-anne stated so you can comment again:lol:

AnnieP
10-07-2011, 5:43pm
Annie, I wish you were there. :(

So do I Jas - but given the day I had at work it is just as well I had my wits about me!!

How about another 'during the day' meet!!

davearnold
10-07-2011, 5:46pm
Looks like you guys had a great morning, will be looking out for the next meet down there.

BecdS
10-07-2011, 6:55pm
D'oh!! I wish I'd known about this forum and this thread earlier :( I'm from 5 hours west of Brisbane and I came down on a rare trip, just for the medieval fair. I would have loved to come along and meet up with you all! I'll be keeping a keen eye out for the next one!

reflect
11-07-2011, 2:19pm
Glad you all had a great time, lovely images, I WILL be at the next one....I hope !

David
11-07-2011, 10:02pm
Sorry I didn't make it to this one, was so keen to come to. That's how it goes; life happens to you while u make other plans...will try to get down there soon Bill ...hope you had your lens covered by insurance mate. Meantime, I will have to plan a meetup soon to apologise for my no show at this one.. Cheers: some nice shots came out of it too I see.

41jas
12-07-2011, 8:16am
We were looking out for you David. I was looking forward to catching up with you. You missed a good meet once again.

I was wondering if anyone has been sick. I was sent home form work early yesterday and by 4:15 I was calling herb and had the shivers like there's no tomorrow. I got home and Chrisy had it (daughter) and when Ivan got home he had it.

dbax
12-07-2011, 8:50am
fit and healthy here JA, hope you all get better soon.

larrywen
12-07-2011, 12:18pm
We were looking out for you David. I was looking forward to catching up with you. You missed a good meet once again.

I was wondering if anyone has been sick. I was sent home form work early yesterday and by 4:15 I was calling herb and had the shivers like there's no tomorrow. I got home and Chrisy had it (daughter) and when Ivan got home he had it.

I hope you and your family get recovered soon. So far I am still normal from this meet.

Analog6
12-07-2011, 12:31pm
Sorry I didn't make it to this one, was so keen to come to. That's how it goes; life happens to you while u make other plans...will try to get down there soon Bill ...hope you had your lens covered by insurance mate. Meantime, I will have to plan a meetup soon to apologise for my no show at this one.. Cheers: some nice shots came out of it too I see.

Missed your smiling face David, I was looking forward to catching up. Soon, hopefully.

Fine here Jules, apart from a sore back, legs and a stiff neck from lugging that brick of mine up and down rocks and paths. I need to be fitter. Hope you are all AOK soon.

41jas
12-07-2011, 12:32pm
Glad to hear everyone else is ok. We sure did have a rotton night. Ivan is home as well laying on the lounge in front of the telly. I'm not as bad any more. The doctor told us to rest. Being on AP is resting.....right!!!