PDA

View Full Version : Mack Warranties

Fedgrub
28-06-2011, 12:54pm
Hey

I'm aware of the lens warranty thread at http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?85888-Camera-and-lens-warranties.

But I am curious about previous experiences with Mack warranties and the chosen service centres. Looking at DWI, they say you need to complete a form requesting warranty claim, and they will contact you with a service centre of their choosing.

Has anyone done this, and how close was the service centre to you?

Thanks

ricktas
28-06-2011, 1:23pm
What are you hoping for from the warranty? Remember this is not insurance, it will only apply if there is a manufacturing fault with your gear. To be honest I prefer to spend my money on insurance, than extending the warranty.

Fedgrub
28-06-2011, 2:22pm
What are you hoping for from the warranty? Remember this is not insurance, it will only apply if there is a manufacturing fault with your gear. To be honest I prefer to spend my money on insurance, than extending the warranty.

Good point, Rick. Just more peace of mind, the same opportunity as you would get for an Australian warranty. If I drop it, that's disappointing, but if it is a manufacturing defect, then that's just frustrating.

Mary Anne
28-06-2011, 2:36pm
I read on a Forum that they get sent to Canon in Sydney.

Fedgrub
28-06-2011, 2:41pm
I read on a Forum that they get sent to Canon in Sydney.

Just called DWI to confirm, and this is correct.

Still open to first hand experiences if anyone has any?