PDA

View Full Version : PMA Sydney

swifty
25-06-2011, 1:45pm
Just a heads up to those in Sydney.
PMA's on and there are a couple of cool seminars and workshops.

Dylan & Marianne
27-06-2011, 5:57am
Heya swifty - I've never been to PMA before but it sounds like a good place to go - Marianne and I have our Iceland book on display there ;)

robcran
27-06-2011, 4:03pm
I went.
The companies that were very conspicuous by their absence from the show were Sony and Adobe.

virgal_tracy
27-06-2011, 6:10pm
And don't forget Apple. Last year in Melbourne they had a big stand and education area. Last year the iPad and aperture 3 were new and this year there isn't a whole lot so maybe that is the reason.

jeffde
27-06-2011, 7:28pm
I went Saturday and enjoyed it and thought it was worthwhile (3.5 hr trip and a nighs accomodation) however there was alot of "exhibition space" and alot said number of exhibitors were down.

I spent to much but the opportunity to see some "stuff" being displayed which i had read about was great.

Joined AIPP and artsfreedom, and got my "i'm a photogrpaher not a criminal t-shirt"

davros
27-06-2011, 8:47pm
I went Sunday. It was a good show, but was a bit let down in how simple the seminars were. Was also hoping to catch Adobe there, but to no avail. Nik software was there though I think their display computer was a bit on the slow side - constantly apologizing about how long effects took to render. With all that said, it was my first show and I'd go again in a heart beat!

swifty
27-06-2011, 9:12pm
Heya swifty - I've never been to PMA before but it sounds like a good place to go - Marianne and I have our Iceland book on display there ;)

Damn.. if I known I'd have looked out for it. Always enjoyed you and Marianne's work!!

johndom
27-06-2011, 10:06pm
I went friday, saw some of the huddle seminars, a few big names talking. Gear doesnt interest me that much, and hearing pople talk, you can see its totally not about the gear at all. Of course you need good reliable stuff, but its your eye and contact with your subject that matters. You cant buy that.