PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing film from Amazon

Herbert George
21-06-2011, 1:24pm
With reference to a previously started thread discussing 'The best film for long exposures' (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?75963-Best-film-for-long-exposures), I have found Fuji T64 available on Amazon.com

Has anybody previously purchased film from overseas and if so what was the result? Are there any commonly known issues with purchasing overseas? Expired film? X-raying of freight? The price of the film is a hair under $16USD, I'm also wondering if I should just get two rolls and 'suck it and see' so to speak.

Your thoughts?

junqbox
21-06-2011, 1:34pm
I usually use Cheap Shots on eBay. If not listed, and he has it in stock, he'll put it up on request.

jim
21-06-2011, 1:36pm
I've bought from Adorama and I was happy. Have you checked the Postage and packaging? Also how long would it be in transit?

With Adorama, P&P was expensive but the total package was still cheaper than buying locally at the time, and delivery was almost immediate. I've only bought books from Amazon, but often they are in transit for a long time, and god knows what conditions they're kept in during their voyage.

Herbert George
21-06-2011, 1:57pm
I usually use Cheap Shots on eBay. If not listed, and he has it in stock, he'll put it up on request.

I'll check it out, thank you!

Herbert George
21-06-2011, 2:00pm
I've bought from Adorama and I was happy / and god knows what conditions they're kept in during their voyage.

I have heard of Adorama from Ken Rockwell's website but never looked them up. No time like the present.

As for freight conditions, I've had a couple of books arrive with pages wrinkled due to water exposure. Happily they were returned with no issues.

Thank you for the swift replies!

Herbert George
21-06-2011, 2:03pm
I usually use Cheap Shots on eBay.

Have found a seller on ebay with username 'cheapshots' but doesn't appear to be selling anything?
Any other information?

Wazza999
21-06-2011, 9:19pm
Try this it seems to be cheap_shots_au
http://photography.shop.ebay.com/Cameras-Photo-/625/i.html?_catref=1&_fln=1&_ssn=cheap_shots_au&_trksid=p3911.c0.m282

sunny6teen
21-06-2011, 9:57pm
T64...$11 a roll at B&H. I've used these guys a lot over the years and had 120 shipped to all parts of the world. never had a any problems. higher ISOs would be a greater concern.
shipping costs can be steep so I'd buy 100s of rolls at a time.

fabian628
21-06-2011, 11:08pm
had no problem with bh or freestyle. The film I did get developed was fine. Although i have not developed the fastest film i did shoot a roll at 1600 and it was fine.
I do like the group orders as it saves a fair bit on the postage.

Herbert George
22-06-2011, 8:46am
Try this it seems to be cheap_shots_au
http://photography.shop.ebay.com/Cameras-Photo-/625/i.html?_catref=1&_fln=1&_ssn=cheap_shots_au&_trksid=p3911.c0.m282

Yep, that seems to be 'cheap shots', unfortunately no Fuji T64. I have saved as a favourite seller, so will monitor. Thanks for the input!

Herbert George
22-06-2011, 9:03am
T64...$11 a roll at B&H. I've used these guys a lot over the years and had 120 shipped to all parts of the world. never had a any problems. higher ISOs would be a greater concern.
shipping costs can be steep so I'd buy 100s of rolls at a time.

I could have sworn I looked intently at B&H yesterday, now I've looked again having read your post & voila! Must have had what my wife calls a 'boy look'. :D