PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the PMA show at Darling Harbour on the weekend?

Bennymiata
17-06-2011, 11:55am
The PMA show on in Sydney this weekend?

You can pre-register on the web and save yourself $20 a head on the entry fee.
Lots of camera shops are giving away free tickets too.
Canon, Nikon and CR Kennedy will be there, so it should have some interesting stuff to look at and discuss with experts.

Their web page is http://www.pmaaustralia.com.au/

I'm not associated with them in any way, but I'll be there tomorrow (Saturday) morning to have a look around.

Fantasyphoto
17-06-2011, 1:23pm
I'm not associated with them in any way, but I'll be there tomorrow (Saturday) morning to have a look around.

You might find the action will be a little slow tomorrow as I think you might be a week too early.

virgal_tracy
17-06-2011, 1:31pm
PMA is 24th - 26th as mentioned above.

I will be going Fridayfor 2 very important reasons.
1. To watch the judging in the Australian Professional Photography Awards (APPA's) &
2. Since it is supposed to be for industry professionals, there is much fewer people through the doors on Friday.

reaction
17-06-2011, 1:44pm
I hear it's packed even on Fri.

virgal_tracy
17-06-2011, 2:55pm
It is but only about 60% of the people on the weekend.

Last year in Melbourne apparently it was about 12k people on friday with 20k+ for each of the Sat /Sun

Bennymiata
17-06-2011, 3:44pm
You might find the action will be a little slow tomorrow as I think you might be a week too early.

Wow!
I knew I was excited about seeing all the latest stuff, but I didn't realise I was THAT keen!

Oh well, at least I know what I'm doing next Saturday!

Scotty72
17-06-2011, 4:11pm
I have some free tix so, I'll try to get along - but, not my first priority next weekend :p