PDA

View Full Version : Canon 5D mk2 on it's way

britinozz
15-06-2011, 4:41pm
After scrimping and saving and selling my 50D I have finally sent off for the 5D mk2 $2400 with 24 months warranty grey market 2-3 days delivery wahoooo.
It won't make me take better photos but it bloody will make me feel as I am.

Cris
15-06-2011, 4:43pm
Congratulations- Exactly my thoughts when I got mine.:)

ameerat42
15-06-2011, 5:18pm
Boy, that's a low price. You'd have to be in Limbo to get under it. Last I asked - for a friend - the BO was still $3400.

mikew09
15-06-2011, 5:52pm
Lucky Devil - I hope to have a 5D when I am worthy of it :-)

Canon500D
15-06-2011, 9:40pm
Well done, I don't know whether to invest in a nice peice of L first, or the 5d mark II. oh the decisions!

Bear Dale
15-06-2011, 9:44pm
You'll be in love with the 5DMKII the moment you take it out of the box for its first caress.

britinozz
16-06-2011, 11:02am
im so excited now i have a decision on to get the 24-70 2.8 or the mmm not sure.If i was rich i would buy every l series there was. lol

ameerat42
16-06-2011, 12:32pm
Well, B4 you do anything else, post some pics taken with it. We've all been waiting so patiently.
Am.

britinozz
16-06-2011, 2:32pm
I gotta get it yet , should be here Monday.:th3:

Doninoz
16-06-2011, 2:58pm
You will love it! It is just a fine piece of equipment to work with...so many things to do with it. I'm surprised with the price though, especially grey market.

I bought mine at JB Hi Fi Hornsby for $1,750.00, an 85mm F1:1.8mm for $285.00 and a 580 EXII for $450.00 all with genuine Australian Canon warranty. My daughter is negotiating a price for some equipment there at the moment and the camera is still $1,750,00. I am presuming yours came with a lens at that price?

I actually use my 17mm-40mm L a lot of the time as a standard all rounder...I notice you have one too.

BTW a good starting lens is the 50mm F1:1.4...well priced and good all round lens especially until you can afford an L series. Regards Don

para
16-06-2011, 4:06pm
You will not be disappointed great bit of kit.
Congrats

ameerat42
16-06-2011, 4:07pm
I bought mine at JB Hi Fi Hornsby for $1,750.00, an 85mm F1:1.8mm for $285.00 and a 580 EXII for $450.00 all with genuine Australian Canon warranty. My daughter is negotiating a price for some equipment there at the moment and the camera is still $1,750,00. I am presuming yours came with a lens at that price?

This made me G:eek:SP! That's the very place that told me as I said above. Hmm! I gotta go and ask them again. Must've been longer than I thought.
Am.

Doninoz
16-06-2011, 5:36pm
This made me G:eek:SP! That's the very place that told me as I said above. Hmm! I gotta go and ask them again. Must've been longer than I thought.
Am.

There's a girl there, I think her name is Emily...tell her Don sent you and let her know that I told you how much she can afford to let it go for...Regards Don

PS, I can actually go with you if you want to negotiate!

ameerat42
16-06-2011, 7:16pm
Don... I'd have clicked the Thanks button, but as I'm doing it 4 someone else I didn't want to give the wr:eek:ng impression. I can only say that if I were in the market for a new DSLR this'd be "tentpegging", not to mention tempting. (As it is, I'm in the market for a cash injection.) I can't but reflect on the difference in price over such an seemingly short time.
PS. Thanks for your offer of going up there with me, but I'm sure they know me well enough there.
Am.

soulman
16-06-2011, 8:47pm
I bought mine at JB Hi Fi Hornsby for $1,750.00...Given worldwide pricing of $AU2400-3000 from reputable places that sell them as cheaply as you will get them, such as Camera Warehouse (http://www.camera-warehouse.com.au/p/canon-eos-5d-mark-ii), DWI (http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/store/product.asp?idProduct=2177) and B&H Photo (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/583953-REG/Canon_2764B003_EOS_5D_Mark_II.html), I'd say that anyone selling a 5D11 for $1750 at JB HiFi will get sacked when discovered. JB would have to be losing money at that price and they're not in business to do that.

$2400 is a very sharp price for a 5D11 at the moment. britinozz has done well. I had a 400D and then a 40D before I got mine and, as great as the 40D was, the 5D is a much better machine in every way that counts. You won't be sad you did it!

ElectricImages
17-06-2011, 9:31am
Oh my dear lord. When I bought my 5DII in the first weeks of its release I paid $4600 for the body, at Ted's. Best purchase I ever made. :)

If you can swing it at $1750, you should buy two of them. :)

triptych
17-06-2011, 9:43am
Holy Moly!!!! I'd sell my 7D to get a 5DmkII for $1750!!!!

ameerat42
17-06-2011, 10:36am
Well, I told my mate in the country about this and now he's interested again. We had a yap about the 7D as well, and he asked how the image quality compares with the 5d. I said I didn't know and I'd ask, so I'm asking.
Thanks, Am.
PS: Tryptich's post just above seems to lean precipitously towards the 5D.
PPS: If any other pros or cons come to mind please oblige.

Doninoz
17-06-2011, 11:54am
Well, I told my mate in the country about this and now he's interested again. We had a yap about the 7D as well, and he asked how the image quality compares with the 5d. I said I didn't know and I'd ask, so I'm asking.
Thanks, Am.

Hi AM, tried to leave you a personal message with phone contact but message says your mailbox is too full and won't except any messages. If you can fix that I will be able to PM you. Regards Don

Doninoz
17-06-2011, 11:57am
Thanks, Am.

Hi AM...tried to leave a PM for you with contact details but got the following message so couldn't leave one...

"ameerat42 has exceeded their stored personal messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

If you fix it I will try and resend.

Regards Don

Doninoz
17-06-2011, 12:07pm
Hi everyone, I have to post a correction and an apology (I choke on humble pie!). I am really embarrassed by this blunder!

I originally told you I paid $1,750.00 for the 5D MkII.

I made this assumption on the fact that I hadn't been able to find my original receipt so looked at my credit card statement for that date that said I paid $1,750.00 to JB Hi Fi.

Well after everyone saying this was too cheap I went hunting through boxes of receipts and paperwork and Wallah! I found it! The price paid was actually $2,750.00.

What actually happened is I took out an interest free loan with HSBC at the store for the extra $1,000.00.

Still no excuse for misleading as it was negligent of me.

So I am VERY sorry everyone for the confusion and misinformation.

Apart from that I think I got a really good deal for an Australian purchase with Australian body. I bought my 1D MKII overseas and when I wanted it warranty serviced for a problem Canon refused (even if I paid) as it was "Grey Market" so I decided never to buy a grey market body again. Regards Don.

Art Vandelay
17-06-2011, 12:17pm
Thanks for clearing that up, was choking on my coffee reading the earlier posts after recently purchasing one s/h from the US for about 1800 when I could of had a new one right here for 1750. !

triptych
17-06-2011, 12:26pm
Thanks, Am.

Yes I'd swap for a 5DmkII because I mainly do portraits and really would like the extra image quality in low light conditions that the 7D isnt as good at, plus I really want a full-frame sensor so that my lens is actually at the focal length its supposed to be.

What I'd REALLY love, is for the 7D and 5DmkII to have babies... :D

britinozz
17-06-2011, 9:21pm
lol no worrys i nearly fell of my chair, as i researched like hell to get a good price.

ricktas
17-06-2011, 9:36pm
I moved your thread from 'out of focus' forum. the OOF forum is for non-photography related discussion only

Doninoz
17-06-2011, 10:04pm
lol no worrys i nearly fell of my chair, as i researched like hell to get a good price.

So sorry...I know that I would have been tearing my hair out too when looking for one...probably would have traversed Australia to get it for that!

britinozz
18-06-2011, 10:18am
Thanks Rick :eek:

Tricky
19-06-2011, 4:28pm
Out of interest, Britinozz, where did you find the grey market 5D2 for $2400 incl 2 years warranty? That's a good price... Thanks.

britinozz
19-06-2011, 4:44pm
a company called eglobal its should be here tomorrow i have had 3 sleepless nights waiting i am so excited i have made up my mind and gonna get the 24-105 over the 24-70 as its cheaper lighter more reach and great for a walk about lens im going over to uk in Sept and Santorini Greece all i need now is a travel tripod mmm not sure on that one-bank unhappy-:eek:

britinozz
20-06-2011, 3:07pm
just got my camera wahoo ordered thurs arrived monday morning 9am now im gonna open the box.:)

ameerat42
20-06-2011, 3:12pm
Careful - DON'T DROP IT!!!:D

davearnold
20-06-2011, 3:22pm
Hi britinozz,

Was there any customs or duty charges on it ?

I have not bought lens over $1000 from them, as would expect these charges on entry into australia?

Cheers Dave

Chilli
20-06-2011, 3:25pm
I almost choked on my coffee too after paying $2,850 for mine.

ENJOY britinozz I share in your delight.....:D

Doninoz
20-06-2011, 3:57pm
I know how exiting that is!!! Go girl Go!!

KeeFy
21-06-2011, 5:04pm
Well done, I don't know whether to invest in a nice peice of L first, or the 5d mark II. oh the decisions!

Was in the same shoe as you previously. I went for the Lens instead. Rather than having crappy lenses with a full frame. I rather have good lenses then go full frame. Next up on the list is the 5D and 50mm L for Xmas. I won't touch the 24-70 with a 100 feet pole (if i can hold it up in the first place) because it's definitely slated for a upgrade and the current version is.. well.. not as sharp as i'd like it to be (tried out a few).

ausguitarman
21-06-2011, 11:44pm
Congrats. Brilliant camera it is :th3:.

acko
22-06-2011, 5:02pm
Like a few others I nearly choked on my coffee when I saw that price for a Canon 5 Mk11. I had intended to buy one before the 30th June, but the rumours about the new model made me hesitate.
Does anybody really know when the next version is going to be released apart from "late this year"?

Doninoz
22-06-2011, 5:23pm
Like a few others I nearly choked on my coffee when I saw that price for a Canon 5 Mk11. I had intended to buy one before the 30th June, but the rumours about the new model made me hesitate.
Does anybody really know when the next version is going to be released apart from "late this year"?

I have a good rapport with some of the Canon people in Sydney and they don't even know. You can never trust rumours as far as Canon goes. They keep things pretty close to their chests (that is, the R&D people). The only thing they will confirm is that the new model will have an upgraded sensor (but still at 21mp). There is a rumour that it will have faster continuous shutter speeds and one or two other minor improvements. The only thing you can perhaps have a reasonably good guess (and that is all it is, is a guess!) is that Canon usually take about 3 years between models. So the 5D was released in 2005, the 5D MKII was released in 2008 so the MKIII should be released 2011. All releases are usually at the start of the 4th quarter of each year.

Now the downside of this argument is that a lot more R&D went into the 5D MKII because of the demands of Hollywood and they are pretty happy with the MKII so is Canon going to wait a bit longer to release the next model so as to recoup their R&D???

The other downside is that the price is likely to be around the $5,000.00 and stay that way for 12-18 months.

I guess you have to weigh all this up and wonder if waiting uncertainty and the extra price is worth a slightly better sensor and more photos per second!

KeeFy
22-06-2011, 5:24pm

When it comes out it's going to command a premium. Easyily $3.5k i reckon. Will take about 1/2 year for prices to stabilize and all. No one knows for sure when it will be released. It could even be next year. My opinion is if you can afford it now and need it now. Grab it. No use waiting for technology.

gabby
29-06-2011, 11:15am
This thread is helpful as I'm currently trying to determine which to buy now that the bil'ls are finally allowing me to get my dSLR. I'd decided on a 50D with a 70-200 telephoto and 100macro lens as I prefer wildlife & macro shots to landscapes but current research has edged me closer to the 7D as I cant afford to see this camera as something I can replace later- it has to last me a long time. I looked at the 5Dmark II secondhand but I don't really trust the unknown history of used cameras after a certain used car I bought as my first car:scrtch: Isthe full frame feature sufficient to warrant the extra cost?

triptych
29-06-2011, 11:28am
Gabby, it depends what you will be primarily shooting, and if you need the 5DmkII superior low light and high ISO performance, or the 7D fps and AF...its just a matter of which is more important.

The other thing to consider is your lens choices, and the 7D is a 1.6x sensor so your lens focal length is different to what it says, but if you take that into consideration when buying lenses it shouldnt be an issue.

KeeFy
30-06-2011, 12:30am
This thread is helpful as I'm currently trying to determine which to buy now that the bil'ls are finally allowing me to get my dSLR. I'd decided on a 50D with a 70-200 telephoto and 100macro lens as I prefer wildlife & macro shots to landscapes but current research has edged me closer to the 7D as I cant afford to see this camera as something I can replace later- it has to last me a long time. I looked at the 5Dmark II secondhand but I don't really trust the unknown history of used cameras after a certain used car I bought as my first car:scrtch: Isthe full frame feature sufficient to warrant the extra cost?

IF you like wildlife.. Consider the 100-400L or the 50-500 Sigma (if $$ is an issue) instead of the 70-200. Combine that with the 1.6 crop factor. It's a smashing wild life combo. 7D edges out the 50D in terms of ISO (matters most when it's low light), auto focus and FPS, but 50D takes some awesome shots as well.

I've read good things about the Tamron 90mm Macro lens. Maybe someone who specalises in macro can give you better advice on body and lens combo as i've got absolutely 0 knowledge. I read you need a good ring flash for good macro shots as well.

Bercy
30-06-2011, 3:17pm
Were all holding our breath!

fabian628
01-07-2011, 10:54pm

5d2 is nice, but the auto focus is not really suited to wildlife (anything that moves :D ) as well as the frame rate is very low, only 3.5 or similar compared to the 6 fps of the 50D. The canon 1d mark 2 or mark 3 have a larger sensor, but also have high frame rate, you may have a look at these. The canon 1 d mark 2 sells for $800 or less second hand. This is a pro body, once you taste 1 series its hard to go back :p

Doninoz
02-07-2011, 12:06am
5d2 is nice, but the auto focus is not really suited to wildlife (anything that moves :D ) :scrtch: as well as the frame rate is very low:scrtch:.

Woops! I wonder why all the professionals didn't know these downsides before buying but I guess they figured that they could use manual focus or change their focus points to suit particular needs.

The canon 1d mark 2 or mark 3 have a larger sensor, but also have high frame rate, you may have a look at these. The canon 1 d mark 2 sells for $800 or less second hand. This is a pro body, once you taste 1 series its hard to go back :p

If you want to work at 8.2MP (or 10MP for the III), then that's OK.

With a fast card like the 60MB/s or 90MB/s card you can shoot continuously with the 5DMKII until you fill the card...What can you miss in 12 frames in 3 seconds that you can catch in 24 frames in 3 seconds...I wouldn't imagine much.

There is a lot in the 5DMKII that wasn't even imagined way back in 2001...10 years ago.

You can buy a 1D MKii for about $1400.00 with about 90,000 actuations on it....about $1600.00 for the III with about the same amount of actuations. These camera have usually been used by sports or news photographers and could be tired. You need to make sure they have had regular services with Canon Professional Services just to be on the safe side.

fabian628
02-07-2011, 1:34am
Woops! I wonder why all the professionals didn't know these downsides before buying but I guess they figured that they could use manual focus or change their focus points to suit particular needs.

If you want to work at 8.2MP (or 10MP for the III), then that's OK.

With a fast card like the 60MB/s or 90MB/s card you can shoot continuously with the 5DMKII until you fill the card...What can you miss in 12 frames in 3 seconds that you can catch in 24 frames in 3 seconds...I wouldn't imagine much.

There is a lot in the 5DMKII that wasn't even imagined way back in 2001...10 years ago.

You can buy a 1D MKii for about $1400.00 with about 90,000 actuations on it....about $1600.00 for the III with about the same amount of actuations. These camera have usually been used by sports or news photographers and could be tired. You need to make sure they have had regular services with Canon Professional Services just to be on the safe side.

I dont understand your sarcasm here. The camera does not have a high frame rate and the auto focus is not particualrily fast, thus not suitable for wildlife which is usually requiring fast auto focus.

A 1d mark 2 is actually only $800 or less. Yes it probably has 100k on it, but they are rated for 300k so this is not a big problem.

Doninoz
02-07-2011, 10:46am
I dont understand your sarcasm here. The camera does not have a high frame rate and the auto focus is not particualrily fast, thus not suitable for wildlife which is usually requiring fast auto focus.

I was particularly amused by your wild statement....

5d2 is nice, but the auto focus is not really suited to wildlife (anything that moves )

"Anything that moves"?

You are right that the 1D MKii & iii have faster autofocus (45points to 9 points) but to totally dismiss the 5D Mkii as you did is IMHO not objective. A search of the web discloses dozens of top wildlife photographers using the 5D Mkii.

If you are ONLY going to shoot wildlife then, yes go for the 1D ii or iii but if your photography is mixed and if you might benefit from low light shooting sometimes, then the 5D MKii has to be an option.

I've got both and use them for different shooting...but I mostly opt for the 5D Mkii now as I get very little failure with focus, even shooting Rugby regularly.

fabian628
02-07-2011, 11:12am
I was particularly amused by your wild statement....

"Anything that moves"?

You are right that the 1D MKii & iii have faster autofocus (45points to 9 points) but to totally dismiss the 5D Mkii as you did is IMHO not objective. A search of the web discloses dozens of top wildlife photographers using the 5D Mkii.

If you are ONLY going to shoot wildlife then, yes go for the 1D ii or iii but if your photography is mixed and if you might benefit from low light shooting sometimes, then the 5D MKii has to be an option.

I've got both and use them for different shooting...but I mostly opt for the 5D Mkii now as I get very little failure with focus, even shooting Rugby regularly.

I do not see how I have made a wild statement. First the slow frame rate is a fact :th3: The auto focus being 'not particularily fast' is not exactly wild, it really isnt that fast.

I am not sure what the number of AF points has to do with how fast the camera AF's.
I do not totally dismiss the 5d2, however, in the above question (gabby), they are interested in wildlife, and less still life things, landscape etc. 1 series is more suitable for this.
I would love to see the wildlife shots taken with the 5D2, most I guess would be slower moving creaturs such as large mammals. You could manually focus birds in flight if you have good timing, but you would not reccomend a manual focus lens for shooting birds in flight.

Doninoz
02-07-2011, 1:45pm
If anyone doubts that the autofocus on the 5DMKII is too slow for birding, then you need to look at this site! 5DMKII (http://birdphotoph.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=review&action=display&thread=2274).

Here's a teaser!

fabian628
02-07-2011, 2:16pm
These are nice photos, but it is a tool in the hands of a good photographer. It is similar to suggesting the 7D has not got faster / better auto focus than a 50D becuase a skilled photographer is getting great shots with a 50D. I am also curious to see how many shots of these sequences were in focus. Of course we only see the ones that turned out ;)

Doninoz
02-07-2011, 3:06pm
These are nice photos, but it is a tool in the hands of a good photographer. It is similar to suggesting the 7D has not got faster / better auto focus than a 50D becuase a skilled photographer is getting great shots with a 50D. I am also curious to see how many shots of these sequences were in focus. Of course we only see the ones that turned out ;)

No we are just talking about whether the 5D MKII is up to taking birds in flight! It doesn't matter how many bad frames he has, so long as he captured the frame he wants. Isn't that the object of multiple frames...to make sure that you capture the most impressive image? In fact, this photographer must be very good as he was able to capture these excellent shots with only 4fps!

mikec
02-07-2011, 3:34pm
These are nice photos, but it is a tool in the hands of a good photographer.

Isn't that what any camera is? If you can do action with a 5D then go for it, I certainly do. Don't say a camera is incapable of doing something when clearly it can be. A 5D isn't going to not fire just because you are trying to take an action shot.

fabian628
02-07-2011, 3:48pm
I am not sure what this has to do with selecting an appropriate camera for a specific task. A 50 year old full manual film camera can capture a bird in flight. Is this an appropriate camera to use for birds in flight?

" Don't say a camera is incapable of doing something when clearly it can be"
please show me where I said this camera was incapable of taking action shots?

"It doesn't matter how many bad frames he has, so long as he captured the frame he wants"
if a camera tracks an object, out of 10 frames one is in focus. Is that good? (I am not saying the camera does this, but by your logic, this should be perfectly ok).

I honestly think there is some serious self justification of camera purchase going on, happens everytime someone suggests the 5D2 is not gods gift to mankind. sigh. Hopefully Gabby has learnt something anyway.

Doninoz
02-07-2011, 4:50pm
I honestly think there is some serious self justification of camera purchase going on, happens everytime someone suggests the 5D2 is not gods gift to mankind. sigh. Hopefully Gabby has learnt something anyway.

Not at all...only trying to balance the view for those who are looking on. As I said, I have both cameras so don't want to justify either, just use them to take good photos!

In fact,when I first started in photography in the early seventies, I had a Nikon F2 Photomic with a motor drive which was a manual focus camera but I was able to take plenty of Aussie Rules Football photos as a press photographer (nikkor 600mm F4)! Never had an issue with out of focus aerial/action shots. Also I remember taking some pretty good photos of plovers and magpies in flight swooping me and they were also very sharp images...again with the motor drive in action.

mikec
02-07-2011, 5:40pm
I'm not trying to justify my purchase I'm just saying like others that's it's a capable camera and you can do all the same styles of photography as any other camera out there.

bennito42
03-07-2011, 3:38pm
I am in a similar position, wondering whether to upgrade from my Canon 5D to the Mark ll. What practical advantages have you found between the two models ? I'm generally concentrating on Landscape photography . :confused013

Doninoz
03-07-2011, 5:34pm
I am in a similar position, wondering whether to upgrade from my Canon 5D to the Mark ll. What practical advantages have you found between the two models ? I'm generally concentrating on Landscape photography . :confused013

Hi, here's my +'s and -'s on the 5DMKII. especially as it relates to birding...

+ Low noise level, ISO 1600 gives workable images, even ISO3200 usable for documentary purpose.
+ Good dynamic range. More workable pictures than 50D which has more noise and less range.
+ High pixel count. If you can get close to the bird (which usually is easy from a blind) you will get excellent feather details and still have some room to get the surrounding for a good frame.
+ (Live-view) Low shutter vibrations. No shake even without IS (my 1DmkIII has terrible shutter vibrations for example, totally ruining all kind of long-time exposures even with IS, and yes I tried all settings)
- AF not as good as 50D, birds-in-flight is possible but in difficult situations it's not easy. 1DmkIII and 50D are better.
- Low light focusing not as good as 50D. I shoot a lot of very low light long exposures and sometimes the 5DmkII fails to deliver (the 50D is much better here)
- More shallow DOF than a crop camera. Though an advantage for other types of photography, a slight disadvantage for bird photograph. You must use smaller apertures (like f11) if the bird is close.

With the 5DmkII you need to learn and understand its advantages and disadvantages. For really challenging shots I use the 1DmkII or the 50D.

If I was to invest in a Canon bird camera today, I'll go for the 7D, to go along with some PS skills ;)

Here's some of my favorites with the 5DmkII from a friends site:

110910310 (http://www.pbase.com/carljohansvensson/image/110910310) (at 50% and ISO1600 there is no noise at all. However the downsizing ruined the details in the fine feathers)

111414273 (http://www.pbase.com/carljohansvensson/image/111414273) (low light exposure at 1/13s, here we can see the excellent dynamic range with all kinds of shades of black showing even after level adjustments)

113066440 (http://www.pbase.com/carljohansvensson/image/113066440) (another at ISO 1600. Here's the shallow DOF of a full frame helps with the background)

110855698 (http://www.pbase.com/carljohansvensson/image/110855698) (the 5DmkII is not totally off for BIF's. Early morning into the light and long lens with extender, the mkII got the job done here)
110351070 (http://www.pbase.com/carljohansvensson/image/110351070) (100% crop showing all the details)

Personally, I find the 5DMKII an above average all rounder! For landscapes it is the best! Hope this helps. Regards Don

smylie
03-07-2011, 5:39pm
Lucky you!I have the original 5D and would love to update.

fabian628
03-07-2011, 8:34pm
+ (Live-view) Low shutter vibrations. No shake even without IS (my 1DmkIII has terrible shutter vibrations for example, totally ruining all kind of long-time exposures even with IS, and yes I tried all settings)

I was not aware that the shutter could cause significant vibrations (i havent noticed it in the past, although I havent really tested it either). I am curious what the differences are between the 1d3 and 5d2 which causes vibrations from the shutter.

KeeFy
05-07-2011, 11:55am
Hrmmm.. Doninoz... mirror lock up still gave the same issues?

bennito42
06-07-2011, 1:48pm
I don't know how you bought a 5D Mark ll for that price...I checked the Hornsby site and body only is listed at $3293...... are you sure it's not a 50D ??? :confused013

Doninoz
06-07-2011, 2:53pm
I don't know how you bought a 5D Mark ll for that price...I checked the Hornsby site and body only is listed at $3293...... are you sure it's not a 50D ??? :confused013

Read the rest of the threat and it will all make sense! Selective reading doesn't give you all the answers!

gabby
19-07-2011, 7:06pm
I sure have- the tax man deposited my refund today so now have my camera/lens money burning a hole in my pocket!

gabby
19-07-2011, 7:13pm
Oops-I needed the reply with quote- I was responding to Fabian62? -re learning heaps from these discussions. The learning curve in swapping from film camera SLR knowhow to DSLR is unexpectedly convoluted.:confused013