PDA

View Full Version : EP-EX15 II and magnifier eyecup?

rajg
11-06-2011, 12:59am
With my Canon 60D I am planning to buy EP-EX15 II, the EP-EX15 II would reduce the magnification so to counter that I also wanted to install a third party eyepiece magnifier (2x or 3.x) which should in theory give me very good view and better focusing ability.

The reason I did not want to go just for third party magnifier because I read that it causes vignetting for viewfinder and hence in theory a reduced image should not get vignetted while getting magnified.

Could you please share your practical experiences / expert opinions on this?

Thanks and regards,
Rajendra

Bennymiata
11-06-2011, 3:40pm
From what I can see from the Canon site, this is an extender for the viewfinder eyepiece.

Seeing as it retails for $20.00 or so, why not just buy it and give it a try first.
The more bits of glass you have between you and the viewfinder, the more chances there are for making the image worse.

Do you wear eyeglasses?
If so, and this makes it easier for you to see through the viewfinder, please let me know, as I would also be interested.

rajg
11-06-2011, 7:08pm
Sorry if I was not clear in describing my question.

Yes. I wear eyeglasses and hence I was researching the EP-EX15 II, but the Canon website says that the magnification is reduced by 30%, smaller image would mean that ability to focus correctly in manual mode is reduced (correct me if I am wrong). So I thought of putting magnifying eyepiece on top of EP-EX15 II so that it could help in achieving bigger viewfinder image to help with focus. My question is would putting the magnifying eyepiece on top of EP-EX15 still vignette?

I agree with additional glasses between viewfinder and me could make image worse (possibly brightness?). But wanted to know if this tread-off gives better focusing ability because of large image?